Payment to dealer for new car

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Sudhir"]I have used drivethedeal as well. Car will be delivered through Nissan Dealer 160 miiles away from where I live.Can someone make these points clear for me.Does the dealer register the car with DVLA in owner's name after paying full amount?Or it can be does on the day of collection?Do you need to register the car with DVLA to get your number plates?
[/QUOTE]The Dealer should register the car in the owners name directly with DVLA on the day you collect. Unless you have personal plates then you shouldn't have any need to be in contact with DVLA>
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.

iMike

Post by iMike »

[quote="lythamlife"][quote="Sudhir"]I have used drivethedeal as well. Car will be delivered through Nissan Dealer 160 miiles away from where I live.Can someone make these points clear for me.Does the dealer register the car with DVLA in owner's name after paying full amount?Or it can be does on the day of collection?Do you need to register the car with DVLA to get your number plates?
[/QUOTE]I'll let someone who's already done this to answer your questions, but when I contacted my Dealer to ask whether I could choose my number plate (from a list that's at his disposal), he suggested this would be possible so I's assuming the plate is on the car when its delivered. iMike might be able to answer these questions.[/QUOTE]
Funny you should ask about number plates, when i purchased A Honda the dealer said they would ring me when they had the registrations to see if any letters appealed to me. Closest we got were the last 3 letters where in my surname. That was for a 1st March car. This time around I mentioned to the Nissan dealer who is supplying my QQ and i was told they just generate a number and thats that no choice. Maybe thats because it's not a new release date.As far as I remember the Dealer registered with the DVLA with our details before full payment.
1.2DiGT Tekna Storm white, Premium chrome pack
iMike

Post by iMike »

to be honest i can't be sure about that last bit (DVLA)
1.2DiGT Tekna Storm white, Premium chrome pack
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I think most dealers are assigned new reg numbers theres not many to assign to vehiclesIve looked before and it was a short list the only diffrence was last 3 lettersIve had a private plate put on new car before now and dealer dealt with all of it just gave him my retention certificateYou cant get number plates without DVLA knowing your name adress etc and in the old days dealers used to give you the tax disc but thats gone now mine was posted but to be fair arrived day I collected car and the dealer only had it 3 days wieredly
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

[quote="iMike"]Funny you should ask about number plates, when i purchased A Honda the dealer said they would ring me when they had the registrations to see if any letters appealed to me. Closest we got were the last 3 letters where in my surname. That was for a 1st March car. This time around I mentioned to the Nissan dealer who is supplying my QQ and i was told they just generate a number and thats that no choice. Maybe thats because it's not a new release date.As far as I remember the Dealer registered with the DVLA with our details before full payment.[/QUOTE]Sounds like you were told fibs.The Nissan dealer i bought through has a book that the back office staff write them down in as they are released to them.They get allocated blocks when they get down to the last 8-10 available, or so i was lead to believe.There weren't a lot to choose from, when it came to my car, about a dozen all told and they were pretty much sequential. On that basis it was pretty unlikely we'd have got get exactly what we'd like but they don't get one per car as suggested.I knew my Reg plate about 10 days before it was officially put on the car so i could sort out insurance.My lad ended up picking as they were all much of a muchness to me and it made him feel more involved.The car was registered 2 days before i paid for it but it was so they could fill a month end quota and i got a couple of bits thrown in at the back end on signing as a "thank you".I was more surprised i have to wait for a tax disc in the post and have a lovely bit of paper telling the police that is the case.

AlleyCat2014-05-02 22:47:09
Nissan no more...
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

[quote="Donkey"]I think most dealers are assigned new reg numbers theres not many to assign to vehiclesIve looked before and it was a short list the only diffrence was last 3 lettersIve had a private plate put on new car before now and dealer dealt with all of it just gave him my retention certificateYou cant get number plates without DVLA knowing your name adress etc and in the old days dealers used to give you the tax disc but thats gone now mine was posted but to be fair arrived day I collected car and the dealer only had it 3 days wieredly[/QUOTE]Well as long as the last three registration letters aren't MUG then I'm not bothered
lythamlife2014-05-03 09:09:44
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

You say thatback in i think 2001 in essex the code is EA how many women had hump with EA51 as a plate
Durrobotdave

Post by Durrobotdave »

[quote="AlleyCat"] Pay only after you are happy with the car and are going to drive away would be my advice.
[/QUOTE]
Why these cars are built to the highest standards then if there's a problem take it back it's a brand new car for gods sake under WARRANTY
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

We missed you in the early days Durrobotdave but sanity seems to have entered the room. Of course you are totally correct - let sleeping dogs lie.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Durrobotdave

Post by Durrobotdave »

[quote="PeterL"] We missed you in the early days Durrobotdave but sanity seems to have entered the room. A Of course you are totally correct - let sleeping dogs lie.[/QUOTE]
Of course if there's anything wrong take it back nowt to worry about