Payment to dealer for new car

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I tired to bee a cool guy when I knew my car arrived on a thursday and could collect on mondayMine was leasehired and the dealer knew I wouldnt muck about if theres a problem hed sort it but I lasted until saturday before going to the dealership to see it lol

iMike

Post by iMike »

The last car i brought new using an online broker, I was told when the car was delivered to me, have a good look around the car and not pay the driver until i was completely happy. That was the dealer i got the car from that gave me that advice.
1.2DiGT Tekna Storm white, Premium chrome pack
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

[quote="iMike"]The last car i brought new using an online broker, I was told when the car was delivered to me, have a good look around the car and not pay the driver until i was completely happy. That was the dealer i got the car from that gave me that advice.[/QUOTE]iMike,I'm going to be in the same position; bought through a broker, Nissan Dealer supplying the car, driver delivering it to my home - 200 miles plus away so its essential I give it a thorough check on arrival and before payment. How did you pay the driver once you were happy about its condition?Thanks
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
iMike

Post by iMike »

[quote="lythamlife"][quote="iMike"]The last car i brought new using an online broker, I was told when the car was delivered to me, have a good look around the car and not pay the driver until i was completely happy. That was the dealer i got the car from that gave me that advice.[/QUOTE]iMike,I'm going to be in the same position; bought through a broker, Nissan Dealer supplying the car, driver delivering it to my home - 200 miles plus away so its essential I give it a thorough check on arrival and before payment. How did you pay the driver once you were happy about its condition?Thanks[/QUOTE]
Bankers ChequeDriver even rang me when he was about 10 miles away asking my permission to get the car washed.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

These online companys although ive expressed reservations elsewhere I gotta say i do like there style as it goesImpressed at way you guys been dealt with
montimar

Post by montimar »

I didn't pay the balance until the day I collected the car.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
iMike

Post by iMike »

[quote="Donkey"]These online companys although ive expressed reservations elsewhere I gotta say i do like there style as it goesImpressed at way you guys been dealt with[/QUOTE]
Thats why I've used Drivethedeal again for my QQ. couldn't fault them last time, And the Honda dealer i dealt with were also fantastic.
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

I have used drivethedeal as well. Car will be delivered through Nissan Dealer 160 miiles away from where I live.Can someone make these points clear for me.Does the dealer register the car with DVLA in owner's name after paying full amount?Or it can be does on the day of collection?Do you need to register the car with DVLA to get your number plates?
Sudhir2014-05-02 20:56:33
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

nope i do like there styleon paper the company providing the car could stand to loose sh*t loads if you decline to sign as the car exceeds delivery mileage and has a second owner, thats one of the worries main dealers have hence ask for a commitment before registeringWhen we sell a second hand car if someone wants to drive it and test it I want to hold there money just in case they crash it lol so fair play to the online sellers who do thatAlthough again I think its not needed the cars brand new any faults noticed mean you can return to the dealer and get it sorted under warrantyMany many years ago I had a friend who worked for Fords who would encourage you to retunr the car for "warranty work" and thats how we used to get things like floor mats etc
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

[quote="Sudhir"]I have used drivethedeal as well. Car will be delivered through Nissan Dealer 160 miiles away from where I live.Can someone make these points clear for me.Does the dealer register the car with DVLA in owner's name after paying full amount?Or it can be does on the day of collection?Do you need to register the car with DVLA to get your number plates?
[/QUOTE]I'll let someone who's already done this to answer your questions, but when I contacted my Dealer to ask whether I could choose my number plate (from a list that's at his disposal), he suggested this would be possible so I's assuming the plate is on the car when its delivered. iMike might be able to answer these questions.
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.