Payment to dealer for new car

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

My car is due at dealers on 12th May, the dealer has asked me to pay the money few days before collection or me taking the delivery at my home.Those who already have their cars, how did you pay and how many days before collecting your car did you pay?Because its a big amount I will have to do 3 transactions of my internet banking.
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.

brucie

Post by brucie »

I wouldn't pay until I'd had a good check over the car and also have all the paperwork (vehicle reg docs etc).

Interested to hear what those who now have their QQs did.
Ordered 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade on 24th February - Expected delivery end of May
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

I strongly suggest you don't pay anything until you have seen the car and checked it over.
tekna cvt mag red
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Pay only after you are happy with the car and are going to drive away would be my advice.
Nissan no more...
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

This is my first new car so don't know the procedure.So I go to dealer, check my car, then pay him via debit card and drive away?Then when will the dealer do the car registration with DVLA and how can he get number plates?My dealer is almost 160 miles away from me as I have brought the car through online broker.
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

My QQ is a leased oneNormaly and previously we get invited when cars delivered to do an initial PDI inspection check the spec is whats ordered etc then pay either in full or most of it simply as then the dealer registers the car and if you pull out the deal you just shaved a good 20% off the price of the car before its unwrappedI once had a Volvo and was invited to see the car arrive on the transporter so we looked around the car in the car park at a cling film covered car lolDiffrent dealers do it diffrent but most dealers want a signature before they register it, it depends how much longer you want to delay your delivery i suppose
korky

Post by korky »

I wouldn't pay anything until you physically see and inspect the car.....funny thing with mine is that they forgot to take payment :)

However my honesty won the day and I went in and paid.....

I know I know I could have walked but in a day or so they'd have figured it out and come after us.

aside where would you stand legally if that happened?
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

In my case the dealer gave me a couple of extras to register it early by 2 days. I only paid when I collected it today. I assume it was to meet quotas. I paid by debit card. The deposit was on a credit card purely for legal reasons as it puts the cc company in a legal agreement for the whole transaction if it goes south or the car is a lemon. I would not pay fully site unseen.
AlleyCat2014-05-02 19:09:20
Nissan no more...
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Its a wiered threadWe seen at least one members car arrive then suddenly its not arrived and when they turned up they see there car sorry someone elses car identical to there one driving offThen we seen people turn up as there car arrives recording VIN numbers to ensure there car goes to them and not sitting in a car park or on show for a week or soNow we seeing people sort of chilled back with the signing and paying when theres a lot of other people willing to walk in to dealers put the cash down there n then for a car brand new n ready to goThose waiting id ask how much would you be tempted extra to offer a dealer to take a car within daysI dont endorse in any way paying in full for a car you not seen but advise once car has arrived at dealers then isnt a time to muck around
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

In my case it was to do with the timing of my new car arriving very early and my company car lease end delaying me collecting but the dealer knew the score from day one so it wasn't like I was yanking their chain.

I'd loved to have had it earlier but I'm not rich enough to pay for cars sitting idle :-) AlleyCat2014-05-02 19:16:56
Nissan no more...