Ridiculous Delivery Wait!

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Well I my waIt might be over very soon. I ordered 1.5 Tekna cvt Gun metal on 28 Jan. I was first told delivery would be in April.Then had a letter stating 9th May. I just happened to bump into the salesman two weeks ago and he told me to expect a delivery 10 days early.
Just got though to the dealer and he has stated that delivery has been noted down on his board as the 4th May. That is a Sunday. Do they really deliver cars on a Sunday.?
Just beginning to think this might be another fob off. Well if it is any longer then I'm definitely walking to a different car dealer.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Bad news though Toffee but try n keep it calm mate, if you walk then you got another wait elsewhere mateThe delays are bad news im an adamant believer in pestering your salesman he who shouts loudest etc
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I'm currently the newest newbie, well I was 3 minutes ago. Ordered today, told September delivery (no more specific than that so lucky September is just a 30 day month). I really hope delivery is quicker. My daughter really, really hopes it is quicker than that. She can't stop telling people how the car parked itself while I had my hands on my head.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Welcome to the forum Steve great to see new people starting there wait for there carsus older ones been there now thankfully and done it, enjoy the forum its a great car
Yvie

Post by Yvie »

I placed my order on 16th April and have been told my car is on back order and expected delivery date is 30th September. Am really disappointed because I was looking forward to using the car for weekend getaways over summer. I thought those that ordered at or shortly after launch had ridiculous lead times but this is something else.
Qashqai Tekna 1.6dci Xtronic 2WD Pearl Black ordered 16/04/14
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Not realy Yvie some who ordeded way back at launch dates were only few weeks before yoursLets hope the dates come forward eh
Yvie

Post by Yvie »

I sincerely hope so Donkey. 24 weeks seems so extreme. Mind you my fault for procrastinating over which car to order.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

For what its worth although you ordered Xtronic were seeing Nissan giving huge delayed dates then dropping them forwardEarly on they gave short dates and got caught in a backlash having to put them back but it seems now they give dates then rip off there clothes to reveal super heroe clothes with an earlier dateThe more unusual orders (not 1.5 accentas /premiums etc) seem to be delayed more but as you read the forum they seem to come through in batches, even colours seem to apear at same time lol
Yvie

Post by Yvie »

I hope you're right. Though I wasn't aware my order was particularly unusual but I guess that's another good thing about this forum, I will learn a lot about the car before I get it.
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Yvie, my 1.6 cvt tekna should be outside my door at close to 14 weeks after order.
tekna cvt mag red