My order progress

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
AlteredC

Post by AlteredC »

Well, this might be about the shortest order thread ever! Meant to post one the other week when I joined but kind of forgot - anyway, our car was officially 'ordered' last Wednesday, and I've had an email today to say it's expected into the dealer early next week! So hopefully by the time it's PDI'd and arrangements sorted out, hopefully be picking it up sometime w/c 5th May Really looking forward to it now - kind of strange as it's going to be replacing the wifes car, but because it'll be more of a family car it'll be me that's driving it the most, hence I'm looking forward to it arriving more than I have previously when replacing 'her' car Feel a bit sorry for those who've been waiting months for their cars - we just happened to be lucky and find one in the spec which was available from 'stock'. If it's any consolation, the mrs wanted either a white or black one, neither of which were available by the time we actually ordered - so we settled for a Gun metallic one (which was actually my first choice!)
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium | Gun Metallic |

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

These things happen mateIts luck of the draw, someone cancels and you order same spec car thats spotted by an eagle eyed salesman and jobs a good enWell done the cars a clever thing, cant speak for the petrol but those who have it seem to realy rate itSeems wiered such a large car with a tiny engine that once struggled to pull tiny cars about before these tech heads come alongyou may have it in time for bank holiday
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

woosh.....that order to delivery time is going to rattle some cages....Be nice everyone...Not AlteredC's fault the car is ready so quickly okay
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
AlteredC

Post by AlteredC »

Thanks Donkey - I've driven both the 1.5 diesel and and 1.2 petrol and was impressed by both. Actually, probably more impressed by the petrol, as you say the idea that a 1.2 could shift a large car about and feel both relatively unstressed and refined while doing it was amazing. Sure, I'll not be towing any caravans about, or pulling any tree stumps out of the ground in it - but with the mileage the mrs will be doing in it likely to be less than 40 miles a week, diesel wasn't really 'needed' for the extra economy. Certainly won't miss the 'stinky hand syndrome' which comes with filling up with diesel!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

if your not doing loads of long journeys the the petrol one is a no brainerWhen i spark my oil burner up my fuel is crap until engine is warm, definately a good choice and im told they hold there own on motorway as well when needed
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

Pestered my Dealer (again) only to find that the delivery date has been brought forward from 22 May to 13 May...so it looks like the Tekna production line appears to be on the move. yippee
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Great news Lythamlifeany news of these dates coming forward ideal for us.We cant be rude and shouldnt to AlteredC its the right time right place although if I was him id nip to shop buy a lottery ticket whilst hes on a lucky streakKeep on dealers nerves guys, if the dealer worries about you getting the hump and going elsewhere they pull rabbits out there arses, I know they can only do what they can do but it seems some of them just seem to do it quicker
AlteredC

Post by AlteredC »

Well, I was quite close with my original estimate - it was due to be delivered tomorrow, but just had a call to say it failed PDI due to an issue with the keys not being coded to the car! So new set of keys have been ordered and it should now be here Thurs or Friday at the latest. Soooo close!
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

How did they get it on the transporter if the keys weren't coded for the car?I thought the i-key was needed to start it up?
Nissan no more...
AlteredC

Post by AlteredC »

Good question - maybe it became mixed up with other keys once it reached the PDI centre? Or perhaps developed a fault while at the PDI centre? Actually, I paraphrased earlier - what they actually said was 'a problem with the key coding' so that's a bit wider. Maybe it wasn't opening the car successfully everytime. Either way, I'll still be going over it with a fine-tooth comb when it gets here!