1.6 Tekna Xtronic - Back Order

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
colliedog

Post by colliedog »

[quote="_Timmo_"]I just rang Nissan Customer Services, and the gent I spoke with says the difference between back order and a qualified date is that vehicles that are already manufactured or being manufactured (i.e. existing stock, or actually in the factory now) have a confirmed date. vehicles that have yet to be queued up are classed as back order. That does sound more hopeful than "we're waiting for parts and we don't know when".He reckons I'm looking at something like the end of June, I'm not sure if that's the date they'll start making them or if that's the date it'll arrive! Fingers crossed it's the latter.[/QUOTE]Sniff Sniff - BS!! I have had mine on order since early Feb - dealer gave me a date of 26th June - Nissan gave me a date of 19th June but here is the crux until the dealer has a chassis number there is NO confirmed date. You are the first person I have heard being told it is on Back order - I this is think is in reference to the justifiable criticism of being given artificial delivery times that had absolutely no bearing on reality.Another consideration is Nissan is now changing the specifications of what you actually ordered with features being removed, hopefully by the time June comes my delivered car will still have 4 wheels and an engine, so despite my order I dont know what I will be getting nor do I know when I will get it.You can probably tell from this post I am sick of Nissan and wished I had never ordered this car.

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Can't say if i believe that one way or another but it sounds odd.I've not bought a lot of new cars but the ones i have done i've always been given either a build "week" or an actual date.The dates / "weeks" have always moved but i've never heard of "back order" used in this regard.If people are getting build dates in June and even July "now" why would a car in June be on "back order"?I'm not negative with regards to Nissan as my car turned up early even though i asked for it to not to, so it's in dealer storage, but it sounds odd.If you can afford to wait i suppose in reality it doesn't matter either way.
Nissan no more...
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I think you will find back order in that context is the dealer has not actualy made an order yet just an enquiryWhen a dealer places an order he gets back a build date and a number, nit may be months away even a year but then it gets a date and number, it has to be like that for invoicingBack order could mean the dealer has not yet ordered it or gone over hes quota and holding it off to next quotaDont forget guys theres a bonus system with all salesYou get given a quota if you dont meet it look for another job, hit your quota you get a bonus and on to second bonus quotaA clever salesman would say ive hit this target wont hit next so hold a sale back until next quotaIts the new reg month traditionaly the busiest time for new cars but June and July are tough times as people hold off for August deliverys
_Timmo_

Post by _Timmo_ »

I've got an order number, it's definitely in the system - just no date.
oswmobo

Post by oswmobo »

Timmo, I spoke to my dealer this morning and was told my car was showing as "back order" when I asked him what that meant he said that there were no build slots at the factory for my car but "in his experience" that meant a delivery date of mid June. I have emailed Nissan for more details and an explanation of "back order". T will let you know what they say if and when I get a response.
1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium Ink Blue.
Howard Qashqai

Post by Howard Qashqai »

Hello Timmons, I ordered my Tekna CVT in mid March. Having paid my deposit so an order could be placed, the sales guy tells me that he went on the Nissan system and came back with a provisional delivery date of 20 June. If you get an earlier date, please let us know and I'll chase up .
_Timmo_

Post by _Timmo_ »

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with "back order" on the system, makes me feel a little more confident that I'm not being spun by my dealer. Oswmobo, Howard, I'll bump this thread if I get any more info or a confirmed date.
_Timmo_

Post by _Timmo_ »

Update - just got a change from "back order" to "Delivery week availa" with a date of 17th July. Not awesome, but it's a start. I hope it doesn't move back from there too much.
Emma

Post by Emma »

That's brilliant news timmo, I have also got a similar date 10th July hopefully it will be brought forward a little .
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

Hi all, when we tell a customer at work something is on back order it means that we have it on order but have no date from the supplier. We will let them know as soon as we get an ETA from the supplier. I ordered my QQ Tekna 1.6 CVT in gun metal 7th March and so far have had only the delivery date given on the day which was June 15th. I have not contacted the dealer since and they have not contacted me either.
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal