1.6 Tekna Xtronic - Back Order

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
_Timmo_

Post by _Timmo_ »

Hi! new user here, be gentle ;)I've got an order in (placed mid march) for a 1.6 CVT XTronic Tekna, and I've been watching with a mix of hope and despair as you folks discuss dates moving forwards and backwards. When I placed the order, the dealership did say it could be a few months and maybe longer than that, and I guess I'm ok waiting a few months.However, when I've pushed for a date, they have told me the car is on "Back Order" - so they don't appear to have any date at all. Anyone know exactly what this means? Am I looking at getting my new car this year? Is anyone else in the same boat?All the best,Timmo

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

To my somewhat simple mind, back order would mean they have no build slots available for that vehicle type.I'm guessing, and i stress this is a guess, that it might be a gearbox or engine supply issue.I assume the plant that makes said units only produces x-number a week/month for nissan and the supply is already exhausted for the cars on order that have build slots.You could ask NissanGB / Customer services for an exact explanation of what back order really means.There are two Accenta Premiums on AutoTrader if that suits better?
AlleyCat2014-04-10 14:52:40
Nissan no more...
_Timmo_

Post by _Timmo_ »

To be clear, I'm not in any great rush - if they came back with a date in July, for example, I could live with that. I really want the spec that I've ordered, and I'm fine waiting longer for it - I'm just slightly concerned that "Back Order" means "Christmas 2015" ;)
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Back Order could be from here to eternity depending on what the "delay" is.I guess the best option open would be to ask NissanGB Customer services to explain what "Back Order" means and if they can tell you where in the line you are.If there are 400 cars ahead of yours on backorder and they get 100 gearboxes a month you could be 4 to 5 months away on top of the normal window of say "12 weeks".If you are number 1 on backorder you could be 12 weeks and 1 month away (using made up math).I was hopinh the account that signed up as "NissanGB" would be handling these but they had one day of excitement and went up in a puff of smoke.
Nissan no more...
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Have you been shown the Nissan order screen by the dealer? No delivery date (back order) seems a bit alien to me.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
_Timmo_

Post by _Timmo_ »

I've not seen it on a physical screen, but the dealer has mailed me a screen capture which does show "Back Order" rather than "Potential Dlvy Date 01may2014" or "Del. requested for 01may2014". I'm assuming that's legit.I'll get on to Nissan customer services in the next few days and see what they say, if anything.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Welcome Timmo no need to be cautious jump in with both feetLets hope your dealer gets this sorted as wed heard delays now coming down the back order does sound wieredHave you asked another dealer btw?
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Hello Timmo. You are quite safe now on this forum as the main person on here who dished out the aggro (especially for CVTs) was me and I picked up my car today.
I agree with the others and think you should speak to Nissan. They do try to be helpful although its difficult to get a straight answer from them sometimes
_Timmo_

Post by _Timmo_ »

I just rang Nissan Customer Services, and the gent I spoke with says the difference between back order and a qualified date is that vehicles that are already manufactured or being manufactured (i.e. existing stock, or actually in the factory now) have a confirmed date. vehicles that have yet to be queued up are classed as back order. That does sound more hopeful than "we're waiting for parts and we don't know when".He reckons I'm looking at something like the end of June, I'm not sure if that's the date they'll start making them or if that's the date it'll arrive! Fingers crossed it's the latter.
Chortes

Post by Chortes »

Welcome Tommo; In my world of business, back order means "we don't want to tell you because you might respond negatively". In the real world it could mean anything from a month or so to several months... there's no commitment basically.... I'm sure it'll be here quicker than you think at this appears to be the prevailing trend at the moment.
Really?