Delivery Delay

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

max wrote:Ordered 1.6 diesel CVT 18/11/15 in Bronze with all the bells and whistles. No word yet but not too fussed as need to MOT my trade in and await retention documentation for my number plate. However, bit concerned about some comments I have read regarding six month wait for CVT gearbox.
Likely delivery advised as mid January.
My CVT 1.2 petrol is due end january 2016 , ordered mid december , so about 6 weeks .

i have never heard of delays due to cvt gearbox , where did this come from please ??
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.

max

Post by max »

Sorry to cause unnecessary concern as I have just received a call to say mine will arrive on Monday.
It's going to catch me out as the MOT on my current car is not until next Thursday and my log book is in Swansea to enable my number plate retention document to be issued!
Marco84

Post by Marco84 »

Very concerned about hearing of a 6-month wait for CVT, mine is due by mid April theoretically, frankly a 6-month wait is ridiculous and unacceptable. (Malta)
max

Post by max »

See above!
silverdave

Post by silverdave »

I was worried about delivery times, Somebody told me could be up to 6 months, Got mine within 6 weeks.
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol Auto panaramic roof , Gun grey. Nissan spare wheel.
Front & rear skid plates
Neo29

Post by Neo29 »

Hello Everybody

I'm still waiting for my QQ.

It Should have Bin delivered by now, so i called and they told me my car was delayed because there was a technical problem with it. The car was already in Amsterdam ready to be shipped to me but then all of a sudden they had a technical problem ?? Believe me the last thing you wanna hear is that your new car already has a technical problem !!!

So i asked Nissan what the problem was and they refused to tell me, so i really got worried. They kept delaying my car, until i was sick of it.

I have to say it is very hard to get answers from Nissan, i called my dealer again and he didn't even get straight answers from them. So i looked for other ways to get in touch with them and i did by sending a message through Facebook. Wrote them a polite message asking them to answer my questions about the car, they couldnt tell me what the problem was ( but i'm quite sure they damaged it in transport ) and they could not give me a new delivery date !! So i kept asking them every day for it until all of a sudden they came with good news. They are gone send me another car because they could not give me a delivery date for the damaged one. It was going in production last night and would be delivered by february 1 st.

This is offcourse good news but i still dont trust it, i will be happy if my dealer calls me to say he has the car. The first i'm gone check is when the car is made, because i dont want that damaged one they refused to tell what the problem was.

Lets hope they keep their promise !!!
m88rke

Post by m88rke »

max wrote:Sorry to cause unnecessary concern as I have just received a call to say mine will arrive on Monday.
It's going to catch me out as the MOT on my current car is not until next Thursday and my log book is in Swansea to enable my number plate retention document to be issued!

Max, i will soon be in a similar predicament as you in that i have ordered the QQ but have a personalised plate. I was under the impression the work retain/allocate a new number to the 'old' car was turned around in a couple of days if you submit the info via the internet?
max

Post by max »

I think you may be right as things have clearly changed. I sent mine off by post and it was back in just over a week, so all in order.
Collect my Tekna 1.6 xtronic in bronze tomorrow. :D
m88rke

Post by m88rke »

nice, enjoy...
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Ordered mine on Thursday 1.6 Digt t tekna with pano roof and was told mid March but maybe sooner. So circa 6 weeks. Fingers crossed
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof