New Qashqai Engine

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Contigo I never drove 1.2 but did drive both diesels back to back and agree with what they say about the 1.5 and 1.6
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

tumasgts

Post by tumasgts »

Thanks guys!

Just ordered the Tekna 1.6 :)
2014 NISSAN QASHQAI | 1.6 TEKNA | GUNMETAL
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

So pretty much ignored what we said then?
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Again it is all down to personal choice. For a start I never take any notice of magazine reviews, they drive them for about 20 miles or so and pass a one off opinion. You need to drive them yourself to decidePersonally I prefer refinement to speed and fuel costs. I drove the diesels on test and then the petrol, I found the diesels ok at speed but idling and around town noisy and hesitant from a standing start. The petrol is so quiet at any speed and you never seem to hear the engine. The acceleration of the petrol from start I found much quicker and ok you may have to change down a gear or two on hills or for some overtaking but this is no problem with the slick gearbox.Lets face it, non of them are for speedsters, and you will never be able to race anyone, so if you like a civilised easy refined drive all day long, I would recommend the petrol every time
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Our Qashqai was voted crossover of the year before it was end madeNearly
every review is almost identical to each other yet if 4 of us sat in
the same car for same journey we would all note diffrent things (other
than he was touching my leg!!!!)Some testers would remark on the handling or radio or vizability but all reviews state same things amost word for wordYou cant beat the owners review
tumasgts

Post by tumasgts »

I test drove the 1.6 and I liked the extra power compared to the 1.5.. Also the sound of the 1.6 isnt loud at all
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

The 1.2 petrol could be as good as what they would put in a Bentley or the 1.5 could be powerful enough to win the British Grand Prix but when you don't have any choice then it really doesn't matter how good or bad the other engines are. The fact remains that if you need an auto then you're stuck with the 1.6dci whether you like it or not!

Im inclined to agree with donkey about reviews and lets face it, it depends what car you're coming out of as to what you think about your QQ engine. We test drove the 1.2 and the 1.6 and fortunately the later was the one that suited us the best. Time will tell but at least Im not able to think "if only I'd chosen ......"
Chortes

Post by Chortes »

[quote="tumasgts"]I test drove the 1.6 and I liked the extra power compared to the 1.5.. Also the sound of the 1.6 isnt loud at all[/QUOTE]I like the cut of your gib matey.... Tekna 1.6 for me too. I never had chance to road test anything so I'm glad to hear someone doesn't think it's too noisy. I think any car that you give some right foot to will get noisy at the top end..
Really?
tumasgts

Post by tumasgts »

I currently have a noisey diesel car so for me the 1.6 noise is almost un noticable.. My car is coming in June so cant comment on the noise and performance for now!

Can't wait!!
Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

Hi Marianda24.You are the first person to say what I have been thinking when reading about the 1.2 petrol engine verses the 1.5 and 1.6 diesel engines. I have always favoured an automatic gearbox, my first being a 3 litre MGC GT back in the late 60's. The only time I have had a manual is when my pocket or my company made me have one.I have never owned a CVT but my friends Honda Jazz had one and it performed well. Having read that the new Xronic gearbox has been made to feel like a conventional auto, combined with all the positive press comments about the QQ, it is with excitement that I await the delivery of my Acenta Premium.
Danny Boy