New Qashqai Engine

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
tumasgts

Post by tumasgts »

Hi there,I am about to order the new Tekna Qashqai and I would like to know which is the best engine option. Is there a big difference between the 1.5 and 1.6 Tenka engine. Is it worth the investment?
2014 NISSAN QASHQAI | 1.6 TEKNA | GUNMETAL

TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="tumasgts"]
Hi there,I am about to order the new Tekna Qashqai and I would like to know which is the best engine option. Is there a big difference between the 1.5 and 1.6 Tenka engine. Is it worth the investment? [/QUOTE]
You need to weigh up what you want from the engine. I went for the 1.5 due to better economy, no road tax (no London congestion charge) and I found the 1.5 engine was more refined at higher revs. The 1.6 does have a noticeable power increase especially when you are cruising at motorway speeds and want to pick up speed but it was not enough to win me over.Test ride both, thats what I did last Saturday, one after the other :)
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Coolio

Post by Coolio »

[quote="tumasgts"]
Hi there,
I am about to order the new Tekna Qashqai and I would like to know which is the best engine option. Is there a big difference between the 1.5 and 1.6 Tenka engine. Is it worth the investment? [/QUOTE]

Also checkout the review from Carbuyer on YouTube. Ultimately though test drive both.
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Hi Coolio I had not seen that You Tube video before so thanks for posting about it. Must say I agree on what he says regarding the noise of the 1.6. Funny though as I have seen reviews I am sure saying the 1.5 is noiser. Guess its all down to ones expectation
TC32014-03-07 13:16:19

tumasgts

Post by tumasgts »

Thanks guys, for whom has driven the 1.6 is there a big power difference when compared to the 1.5?
2014 NISSAN QASHQAI | 1.6 TEKNA | GUNMETAL
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

I don't think it is London Congestion Tax exempt as govt have reduced the CO2 emission threshold to 75gm to be eligible for free to travel in Central London [quote="TC3"]][quote="tumasgts"]]
Hi there,I am about to order the new Tekna Qashqai and I would like to know which is the best engine option. Is there a big difference between the 1.5 and 1.6 Tenka engine. Is it worth the investment? [/QUOTE]]
You need to weigh up what you want from the engine. I went for the 1.5 due to better economy, no road tax (no London congestion charge) and I found the 1.5 engine was more refined at higher revs. The 1.6 does have a noticeable power increase especially when you are cruising at motorway speeds and want to pick up speed but it was not enough to win me over.Test ride both, thats what I did last Saturday, one after the other :)[/QUOTE]]
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
Coolio

Post by Coolio »

[quote="Sudhir"]"] I don't think it is London Congestion Tax exempt as govt have reduced the CO2 emission threshold to 75gm to be eligible for free to travel in Central LondonA 
[quote="TC3"]"][quote="tumasgts"]"]

Cheeky robbing gitsCoolio2014-03-07 15:26:25
TC3

Post by TC3 »

That is so typical if thats the case and thankfully it does not affect my choice of engine if it is not able to dodge the chargeTC32014-03-07 15:05:03

mavrik64

Post by mavrik64 »

I drove both a while back and the 1.6 seemed to me to be less noisy than the 1.5. For some reason the 1.5 had a slightly annoying high note at mid to high revs. The 1.6 sounded better and was actually quicker too. My wife has already received her 1.6 4x4, mine is yet to arrive . I had to push my current 1.5 (360 model)hard to keep up with her. She had a 1.5 before this and she claims the 1.6 is more fun then the 1.5. For some reason she thinks this one will cost her her licence (it won't but gives an idea of how much fun she's having with it)
I owe, I owe = so it's of to work i go
2014 Tekna 4x4 Black.
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

This from Autotrader sums it up very well after I drove the Petrol and Diesel engines.The 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol
that replaces the old Qashqai's ancient 1.6 is exceptionally smooth and quiet,
even when you work it hard. That's just as well, because you have to quite a
lot of the time if you want to make decent progress; its 113bhp and 140lb ft of
torque is a little modest for a car of this size, and the engine takes time to
build revs on its own. That said, it's fine for bumbling around town.

The
1.5-litre diesel, with its 108bhp and 192lb ft, has much stronger pull
throughout the rev range, so it's faster and more flexible, making it a much
better all-rounder. What's more, extensive revisions have made it far smoother
and much quieter than it was in the old Qashqai. So good is it, in fact, that
it's more refined than the 128bhp 1.6, and it's not much slower in the real
world, either. For us, it renders the bigger, more expensive engine pretty much
redundant

Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S