New Qashqai Engine

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I do not understand how Nissan can charge so much for an extra 100cc and 20 bhp on the 1.6 dCi over the 1.5. I drove both and found the 1.5 quieter and smoother. Yes. there is less power but not so much as to make a lot of difference in real world driving. Save the money and spend it on toys for the car!
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Maybe, but if one of those toys is either 4WD or Automatic then the 1.6 it is. £30 Road Tax and whatever else, but I do like my 1.6.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
englishman

Post by englishman »

Any concerns about engine noise click on the link below copy to USB stick insert in cars USB lead turn up to high volume and all concerns about engine noise will go away ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU_JC0NCGkc
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I don't have any issues with the 1.2 petrol in mine what so ever, in fact I love it!!It is suited for urban driving, no issues with short trips (unlike a derv), and good mpg return on short trips (a derv need to be up to running temp which can take 20-30mins on occasions, where as a petrol takes 5 or so minutes so this can lead to premature ware of parts and also return lower than expected mpg on dervs). It is quite a punchy, I have yet to experience any issues with lack of power other than the odd bit of turbo lag every now and then. I am about to take it on a 300 mile round trip, I don't expect the MPG to be sky high but am hoping for at least 45-50mpg People seem to knock the 1.2 a fair bit, yes its a small engine, its never going to win most traffic light GP's but so what, its a good all round engine if you mostly do urban and short miles. If you treck around the globe and spend most of your life cruising on the motorway then a derv will be fine. Don't forget you have a DPF to content with, so a good "Italian" tune up every now and then should ensure that it keeps running efficiently and without fault.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Agree with you SpanK the 1.2 engine has virtually no noise, so why insult your ears with that music, to my mind it would create nothing but driving stress. I am already wishing I had not clicked on that You Tube clip
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I have no problem with People enjoying their Music it is a great relaxing "Sport" in the correct places. Do you really need to Drive around with the Volume turned up so you have no contact with the Outside World. Remember there is Warning Equipment in cars like a horn that sometimes you need to hear from other road users, does everybody have to be subjected to Music they do not like ? This to me is a Safety Issue as are : headphones on pedestrians, bike riders, writing sms's etc how do they hear warnings if there is an accident the good old car owner is at fault ? Hey I hope I have not gone over the top here but it is something that is Part now of our Daily Life - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

You don't have to hear to be aware of your surroundings. my daughter is deaf and has no problem driving, same as millions of deaf drivers.I sometimes turn the music up loud, but always try to be aware.Haven't checked the link though.
tekna cvt mag red
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Agree with you Dave, there's a couple of youths who live nearby and you can here their sub-woofer a quarter of a mile away before they arrive, and if they park on their drives/road it almost drowns out the sound of our TV indoors. There is no way they would here emergency sirens let alone a warning horn form another car.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

andrewjoseph, Sorry ! but No disrespect meant here to your daughter or other People that suffer with Hearing problems. This is something most People have no idea's about and to me that means Deaf People really have to have their wits about them, especially when driving - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

No worries Dave, not upset, just commenting.
tekna cvt mag red