My positive order/delivery experience

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
bruceldavies

Post by bruceldavies »

Always more motivation to publish a complaint, so thought I'd make the effort to reflect on a positive experience...

Ordered my Magnetic Red dci130 manual Tekna on 27th April, negotiating to register in June but collect mid-July (timing to suit me as I was committed to a long-term rental).

Car was delivered to the dealer as originally advised on 23rd June, with the new ncap 6 engine (bonus!); with a little negotiation I managed to arrange return of the rental early, and took possession of my QQ on the 27th.

Dealing with Martins of Winchester in Hampshire was a pleasure throughout. Kudos to them.

Had the car a week and a half, put around 500 on the clock. No rattles, stop/start works perfectly; all the things I'd read here and worried about during the wait haven't (yet) raised their ugly head. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

The only issue I have is with Nissan Connect; the vin number of my vehicle isn't recognised by the website, according to customer services - a known issue. Although I'm registered on their website (as a 'Juke' - no option for a QQ!), the iOS app won't allow me to login. Customer services told me it had been a known issue for 3 weeks - a week ago - although I see from here it's been a lot longer than that. How much trust do I have that I'll receive an email to address this? Not a jot.

So, Nissan dealer 12 points, Nissan vehicle, 12 points, Nissan Connect - nil point!
Magnetic Red dci130 Manual Qashqai Tekna

WandleJane

Post by WandleJane »

Nice to have a positive story
I couldn't log in via the app and contacted customer services - it turned out I needed to activate my membership and then set up another password for connect?

I used the online messaging/chat - they were very helpful!

BTW - how can you tell which engine you have? Picked up my 1.2 Tekna CVT last week, it's lovely!
Storm white 1.2 xtronic Tekna picked up June 27th
bruceldavies

Post by bruceldavies »

Hi Jane,

Glad you're also enjoying yours.

ncap 6 - to be fair, I'm not sure how to independently prove it - perhaps someone else here knows? I'm guessing it's a minor tweak or tuning issue, as I doubt the engine has fundamentally changed, it's just the standards to be adhered to are more stringent. I only care as I am conscious that the UK tide is turning against diesel vehicles, and I'm hopeful that meeting the highest possible standards will help stave off the inevitable financial or access implications as long as possible.
bruceldavies

Post by bruceldavies »

As an update to my Nissan Connect woes, I'm now all the more disappointed with Nissan...

Fearing I'd never get a resolution from Nissan Customer Service (they'd told me there were many other new owners waiting for a resolution like me), I revisited the ICE forum here and decided to follow the directions detailed in the specific thread on this issue.

This involved deleting my existing Nissan+ account, which I was somewhat reluctant to do, fearing there may be unforeseen consequences.

As it happened, everything went fine, and again, following the thread's specific directions to the letter, I enabled Nissan Connect without further difficulty. (The issue is now disappointment with what that actually delivers, but that's a whole other topic!).

So, the explicit instructions to enable Nissan Connect in the 'glove box manuals' I received with my vehicle, replicated three times over in different documents, are just plain WRONG and will always end in failure.

Unfortunately my dealership were unaware of the issue and could offer no guidance.

Nissan customer support knew of the problem, indicated it was a well reported and understood web development issue which I could do nothing to rectify, and must await an email from Nissan to advise when the issue had been resolved.

In fact, the instructions given three times by Nissan were incorrect, and Nissan Customer Support gave misleading guidance (possibly through ignorance). Thank heavens for forums, eh?!

Hope my experience in getting this resolved is of help to others.bruceldavies2015-07-09 11:05:17
bruceldavies

Post by bruceldavies »

As a final update on my Connect issues, I harassed the Nissan.co.uk Twitter feed complaining, and they asked me to write an email - more than happy to have a good moan!

Received a phone call from the MD's office, and had a good long chat. Acknowledged the need to train customer services better, took all my details. The person I was talking to left me feeling they really did care, so made a positive experience out of a bad one, so we'll done Nissan.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Bruce, thanks for this Topic with the "Positive" & "Negative" Feedback. I am also a Person that believes in "Feedback" whether + / -, I have always had here in Germany a good response from NCS and normally within days and they have then contacted our Dealer for Action / Response to my questions and this has been with a Note / Juke / now the QQ. I have also spoken to NCS often but and this is the "Big But" you cannot get further than a Non Technical Person and you are always refered back to "The Dealer" who is then supposed to Feedback and liase with Nissan Technical People apparently that is the System. What you have achieved by talking to an MD is IMHO a step in the right direction - as your have said it ain't all Bad at NCS it is just in some cases their very slow response - Well Done Dave
With regard to the Nissan Connect our Dealer Computer Guy spotted that the old Cars Note / Juke had to be deleted and the QQ entered new.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mackembaz1

Post by Mackembaz1 »

Im not sure how the QQ has recieved Car of the year. To be honest, I have had my 2014 1.5dci Tekna since May 2014, and like other members, we experienced the frustrating issue with the connect system freezing, loosing sat nav, radio channels etc. Now, i am not intending to sl*g the Nissan brand off in any way, neither the beloved QQ, however whilst i own my own QQ, i have also had a choice through work, to pick a vehicle i would like to hire for 7 months. So lo and behold i have had another 3 QQ's used for work / busness mileage. (not all at the same time). I had a 1.2 xtronic, which i found to be excellent, if not a little thirsty for 600 motorway miles a week - so i swapped it this week for 1.6dci acenta prem . Now i am talking a 2015, 15 plate with 320 miles on the clock, imagine my dismay to discover, coming back on the M1, the same connect issues, many of us have endured in the past. Frozen screen, total system re=start is unacceptable nearly 16 months from the start of production. Come on Nissan, get your fingers out.
Baz
2014 Tekna 1.5 dci Nightshade
QQ No. 5
Geezso

Post by Geezso »

I have only, outwith this forum, heard positives regarding the qashqai, hence buying one. Sounds like the dealer network I not supporting customers as well as they should be.
2015 Qashqai 115 Dig T - Gun Metalic
2015 Note Dig S - Black
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

I have had no issues with my car but the main down side I see appears to be the way Nissan deal with warranty issues and their relationship with dealers. I am surprised to hear on a number of occasions that dealers are " waiting authority form Nissan " to complete a warranty repair.
Previous to this had Toyota for 9 years, if I had a issue during warranty, which to be fair wasnnt often, it was sorted there and then
It would appear Nissan are very reluctant to accept responsibility
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
Geezso

Post by Geezso »

True, but imagine a subcontractor carrying out work that was extra on a project and not agreed at onset. Try getting paid after the fact. I assume its a damage limitation exercise.
2015 Qashqai 115 Dig T - Gun Metalic
2015 Note Dig S - Black