Will dealer match DTD?

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
dogdiego

Post by dogdiego »

Hi guys. Has anybody had any experience of a main dealer matching DTD on prices?Chorley Nissan have an offer on the 1.2 Acenta, which is priced at £19611 OTR. They provide a £3000 deposit contribution, split between themselves and Nissan. With a £2000 contribution from my part ex (or cash) and the payments work out at £179 a month, which is brilliant really, but...DTD can get me a 1.5 n-tec for £20173, which is just over £500 pound difference between the OTR prices. I suppose the million dollar question is will Chorley Nissan match that price and still be interested in offering a £3000 deposit contribution - I've no objection to paying more a month, within reason mind.Am I just setting myself up for being let down?

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I bought mine in January last year from a broker.
Chorley Nissan wouldn't budge on price at all. The broker saved me approx £4000
dogdiego

Post by dogdiego »

[quote="gvmdaddy"]I bought mine in January last year from a broker. Chorley Nissan wouldn't budge on price at all. The broker saved me approx £4000[/QUOTE]
Bugger!Did you have a car to part ex and if so, did that make the process any more complicated?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Cash purchase, no part ex.
I told them I was two grand short temporarily, but all they wanted to do was push me into paying even more on a finance deal. They lost out, I saved four grand.
Toxteth O'Grady

Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

Isn't the best way to find out to ask Chorley Nissan? Toxteth O'Grady2015-03-20 22:45:22
White 1.6 dCi 2WD Tekna via drivethedeal.com.
Still wishing they'd call it the Nissan Rogue.
dogdiego

Post by dogdiego »

Absolutely, I'm going in today but just wanted to see if anyone had tried something similar. An opportunity to gain some leverage!
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

Yes - did exactly this with my VW and my Nissan - took both DTD and Orange Wheels quotes to the dealer and said the car can go on your order book, or theirs. Make your choice.I didn't have any Part Ex when I bought my VW so my deal was made simpler and in the end the dealer actually made a better deal than DTD I did have a Part Ex when I bought the QQ which I thought would restrict me but they not only came within £500 of the Orange Wheels price but gave me a cracking price on my VW (which didnt surprise me as the car was only 18 months old.Haggle - it's a buyers market. If they say no try somewhere else and if that fails order the car via DTD and sell the Part Ex to WBAC or some other means. Good luck