Delivery Delays

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

By Sports mode, is that referring to the manual override?Auto-folding mirrors are standard on Tekna now, but AP?
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.

EvilBoris

Post by EvilBoris »

[quote="PeterL"][quote="EvilBoris"]Was really pleasantly surprised to find that the Xtronic has a sport mode, which is something I really loved about the DSG gearbox I had on my previous car.[/QUOTE]Where exactly was that (Sports Mode)?[/QUOTE]
on the xtronic, knock the stick to the right (to the N position of the manual override) and you'll see that you get a little s next to the D on your driver display. You are now in Drive Sport.When in this mode the throttle is more responsive the deadzone on the pedal is smaller and it will hold onto lower ratios for a little longer so that you have better acceleration when needed.I generally just shift into that when I'm pulling out of a junction or onto a roundabout or overtaking on a motorway. I like to pretend it's a turbo boost..
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Well, well we do indeed live and learn on here, not that changes much for me as I really do think that. I learn something new most days, even at my tender age! I will try that in the morning and see if I can reach 5,000 rpm before the first corner.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.