Delivery Delays

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
ritspit

Post by ritspit »

Hi...I ordered mine in August, was told it would arrive mid October - picked it up today! Colour: Gun Mettallic....

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="ritspit"]Hi...I ordered mine in August, was told it would arrive mid October - picked it up today! Colour: Gun Mettallic....[/QUOTE]
Slow boat? Lovely car and the same colour as mine, except your is delivered in time for your summer while mine is now covered with road salt. Is yours British built? Or does it come from Japan, which is itself an awful long way from you of course?I heard that the Australian motor manufacturing industry was virtually extinct, which is a great pity if true.
ritspit

Post by ritspit »

Hi there...sorry I am really not sure where it came but we have heard it may be british built which if tru threw us a bit! All the dealer told me was that they were waiting for it to arrive in the boat. Yes - our within the next 2-3 years there will be no manufacturing industry in the car industry - GMH (Holden) Ford and Toyota will cease. Yes - very sad for us.
paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

They are only built in the UK at the moment, they are going to be built in Russia for their domestic market at some point ...
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

PeterL - if you read my previous posts you will see I ordered my 1.6 CVT Tekna 5th March and I collect it on Monday 8th December 2014! A 9 month wait so therefore I am on the correct thread 'Delivery Delays' and the correct new QQ 2014 Forum I believe. My current car which is a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso I have indeed had for almost 6 years and yes I still don't know half the functions on it as mentioned in my earlier post. I have just spoken to the dealers and my new QQ car has arrived and it has the Panoramic roof so I will be collecting it Monday morning. Does not seem real yet I have waited so long for it.
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal
EvilBoris

Post by EvilBoris »

Exciting!I hope that it means mine and others who have been waiting the same length of time will soon hear about our orders.
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

I hope so to EvilBoris!
Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

Del73, I guess you are now collecting your car.I am having mine delivered on Wednesday morning. I was waiting to get it before posting but cannot wait to say.QQ Acenta Premium, 1.6 xtronic, Pearl black. Ordered 7th April.
Danny Boy
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

Hi Danny Boy, I was collecting my car! I now have my very long awaited QQ. It is a lovely car. Unfortunately it had a stone chip to the bonnet at the dealers, I spotted it straight away as it was white and a slight dent which stood out in the sunlight. They have touched it up but are calling me Wednesday when the Manager is back in to let me know when they can repair it. I did say if they get me a bonnet protector (car bra) I would be happy to leave the chip as I am sure there will be many more with the gritters about. They said there is no OE one so they can't. I think I might get one anyway though. I did get some car mats thrown in as a gesture of goodwill for the delivery date changing so many times so that was a nice touch. I have only driven the car down the road as my back is too bad to drive far at the moment but it drove nice and smooth. I bet you can't wait till Wednesday!
EvilBoris

Post by EvilBoris »

No news on mine yet :( dayum