2015 Delays

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
CraigW

Post by CraigW »

Thanks guys!! I think we were very lucky in terms of delivery that the exact car we wanted was already in the system (perhaps a cancelled order). All in it took only 3.5 weeks from ordering until delivery which is the quickest time by a distance that i've had to wait for a new car.

WandleJane

Post by WandleJane »

[quote="DaveBerlin"] This subject of delivery delays has been ongoing since the introduction of the QQ in early 2014. Some of us older Forum members in our case it was a 4 month wait all turned out well in the end and the wait was well worth it. In the end you start acting like a Big Kid waiting for Xmas and end up counting the days until it arrives.
Hang in there because when you get it you will not want to get out of it - Just Enjoy it when you get it ! Good Motoring - Dave [/QUOTE]

Counting the days? Who? Me?

Storm white 1.2 xtronic Tekna picked up June 27th
candy1567

Post by candy1567 »

@ CraigWsorry to jump in, but picked up our 1.6dig-t ntec 2days ago after 2 weeks waithave posted about this but as you have just picked up practically the same new car could you tell me if your gas pedal is very sensitive, and do you just need to hover your foot over the gas pedal or do you need to press it like a normal car lolhope the above makes sense, with our car the slightest touch and the revs rise to 3500 especially on take off, but even driving in 4th gear, i still only have my foot slightly touching the gas pedal as i did on take off Just wanted to know how your pedal is before i think about taking it back to dealers to have a look, dont want to look a wally if thats how the gas pedal is, although it wasn't like this on the test drivethanksJuliex
CraigW

Post by CraigW »

Hi Julie,

I don't think it's anything to worry about. Our car is exactly the same in that in first gear it hits 3-3.5 rpm very quickly. I'm guessing that the gearbox is set up for a low gear ratio to compensate for the weight of the vehicle. You may just have to slightly adapt your driving style by changing gears a bit quicker than you may have in your previous car. I am sure you will get used to it but definitely no need to be concerned
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Pedal also very sensitive when STOP/Start is in operation; even a slight brush with soleof foot will cancel, and restart engine.But as many have posted Nissan's Stop/Start cuts in far less often than I've had on other brandmotas.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Zach Nicodemous

Post by Zach Nicodemous »

Confirmed with my dealer on Friday that the August 20th delivery date promised is still on schedule. Counting down the days now.
candy1567

Post by candy1567 »

Thanks CraigWhave altered the driving position, and it is slightly better, i also think it is the angle of my foot as underneath the pedal is an arch thing so my foot is a bit higher than on our old car!!!@GelOur stop/start works perfect so far, kicks in when supposed to and it far quicker than our old mazda in starting as well, so no gremlins so far lolJuliex
Lk74

Post by Lk74 »

Picking up QQ tomorrow - went in on Monday to sign paperwork, saw the car can'twait

Lk742015-07-15 17:17:50