MPG from 1.6 dci cvt

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
montimar

Post by montimar »

I forgot to mention I always run the car in the ECO mode. I did one fuely with it turned off and it returned 56.5 MPG on normal fuel. Also the 61 MPG was achieved during the Summer. Higher ambient temps give a better fuel consumtion compared to Winter.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver

Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

I did an experiment last year in my last car when I went from kent to Peterborough driving at the speed limit and came back never exceeding 60mph. The fuel consumption coming back was an extra 12 mpg and the journey took 10 minutes longer
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="montimar"]
The 61 MPG is from a proper fuely and covers 2 full tanks of posh fuel from my local Shell garage.Don't forget my car has 17 inch wheels which help fuel consumption compared with the 19 inch wheels.My best reading on the computer was 71.4 MPG. Hot start 75 mile from Leybourn to Scarborough.[/QUOTE]
Downhill :)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
montimar

Post by montimar »

Yes Duncho downhill. Which is why I can only manage an average of 61 MPG over a 1200 mile fuely.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

My cvt is 10 months old completed 13000 miles , the onboard comp states that i have achived 49.4 mpg from new but I know thats inaccurate ! From useing my own spreadsheet calculations I am actually achived 42.7 mpg. I am also dissapointed to say the least, dealer states that I would do well to get within 10% of Nissans figures., it looks to me as though i would be lucky to achieve 65% of the stated figures! What is more galling is that I was attaining 53 mpg from my previous (ineficient) QQ!

On a possitive I have noted a slight improvement since having the recent cvt recall works completed three weeks ago
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Grocer Jack"] My cvt is 10 months old completed 13000 miles , the onboard comp states that i have achived 49.4 mpg from new but I know thats inaccurate ! From useing my own spreadsheet calculations I am actually achived 42.7 mpg. What is more galling is that I was attaining 53 mpg from my previous (ineficient) QQ!
[/QUOTE]
Exactly my case.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
EvilBoris

Post by EvilBoris »

I'm surprised by mine too, the on board computer is stating just over 40mpg for my 1300 driven so far, I'd get about 50 from my Golf.
Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

CAR OF THE YEAR 2014-3015?

Something should be done to verify Nissans claimed MPG. All manufacturers claim a high MPG and in reality it is not achievable. Though the real crime here is that the OBC is incorrect (in Nissans favour) compared with the "REAL" fuel consumption based on what's put in. Can't believe they get away with that. Who checks this stuff for the consumer?Eddzilla2015-01-13 05:03:00
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

[quote="Eddzilla"]CAR OF THE YEAR 2014-3015?Something should be done to verify Nissans claimed MPG. All manufacturers claim a high MPG and in reality it is not achievable. Though the real crime here is that the OBC is incorrect (in Nissans favour) compared with the "REAL" fuel consumption based on what's put in. Can't believe they get away with that. Who checks this stuff for the consumer?[/QUOTE]From what I understand, all car manufacturers follow a similar test for working out the economy of cars. After a few seconds Googling, I found this article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/gre ... l-mpg.html Enjoy.
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

4WD 1.6 DeiselOn average there seems to be a gradual improvement over the last 3 months and 5400 miles.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.