Nationwide Cars UK

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
UKDOGMAN

Post by UKDOGMAN »

If anybody is thinking of using Nationwide Cars the internet car supplier to source your QQ or any other car come to that, please tread very carefully. They twice let me down after I ordered my car with them. Both times when the delivery date came, no car and just hopeless excuses why they couldn't supply it. In the end went to main dealer and left the other jokers well alone. Just my experience of course. http://nationwidecarsreview.blogspot.co.uk/
UKDOGMAN2014-11-18 22:54:02

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I read your reviewA little confused as elsewhere you posted you have the car and had a couple of questions so I thought you had your carMain problem im reading is you believed the delivery times first quoted and thought maybe its a quicker way of getting the car maybe as dealers should state up to 12 weeks (and to be fair most car manufactures quote that time on a new build nowadays)Dont know of Nationwide or any other online dealers and although they good for bringing price down to haggle with a dealer when theres a problem its harder to sort out as you cant see people face to faceBut my words might be offensive or shocking but you should never trust a car salesman, they tell lies sometimes big ones, they will say whatever they need to say to get that order from you be it online or face to faceWhen they go to car salesman school they learn many things, they simply work out what you want to hear and then imply it whilst disclaiming anything they ever do sayA with all car dealers you go into battle with them always for best deal, they not our friends lol and expect it
Acenta

Post by Acenta »

I have no experience of Nationwide cars but having looked at their very fancy looking web site I can find no info about their ordering and payment system works, this would worry me. The best brokers simply introduce you to a dealer, you pay no money to the broker either for a deposit or final balance. Since Nationwide cars do not say this is how it works I suspect they take your money and you never meet the dealer, this is a very risky practice and one I would run away from. There have been instances in the past when broker who take your money has never paid the dealer and buyers have subsequently lost the car and struggled to get a refund (pay by card and you should be protected but who wants the hassle). When I bought my last car I used a broker called Carfile. I e-mailed them with details Saturday PM after a frustrating morning with our local dealer who refused to match the on-line prices. Got an auto reply immediately which asked me to phone them Monday AM. Rang them at about 9.30 and the chap on the phone had all my details awaiting my call, very efficient. He simply asked if I was ready to buy which I confirmed and I also confirmed I had a PX. He said I would be hearing from their dealer within the hour. 10 minutes later dealer rang and confirmed details and took PX details. 30 minutes later he rang back with an offer (which was exactly the same as local dealer offered) and confirmed they had a car in stock. I agreed that he should ring me back at lunch to finalise the deal. At 1.00 phone rang, gave him deposit and agreed to collect Friday am. Carfile rang a few days later to check all was well and that I was happy so far. Collected car Friday from dealer as arranged paying the final figure which was £2000 less than our local dealer wanted. There were a few problems with the dealer admin practices which were eventually sorted but these were nothing to do with Carfile. If I decide to go ahead and order a Qashqai I will without doubt give Carfile and their Nissan dealer (who would hopefully be better than the dealer I bought from last time) the opportunity to quote me a deal. Costs nothing. Using a broker is not always cheaper, when I bought a BMW I had investigated all the broker deals before visiting our local dealer. He gave me a price for the car which was almost £2000 more than the brokers were quoting. Once I mentioned this he magically dropped £2000 off his price. Just remember the golden rules, only use a broker that asks for no money and only use a broker that introduces you to the supplying dealer, any delays and at least you can talk to them.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Like all of these things we really need to hear both sides of the story before being able to have a real idea of what actually happened here and why. That said your experience when added to the more positive ones on here simply adds to the 'Buyer Beware' warnings that we all need to take note of, especially when we 'want' something and want it now usually!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
ferris

Post by ferris »

Just to add some balance, I used Nationwide and really couldn't fault them - I ordered in February and picked up in May, and they kept me informed about the delivery date. I think the date slipped once, and they called me to let me know well in advance.They aren't a broker as such, they are a leasing company, so your relationship is directly with them, not with a dealer.I used them because the PCP deal I was offered was far better than my local dealer or drivethedeal could offer at the time. Normally, they'll deliver the car to you, but I opted to pick it up directly from the dealer. It was a very smooth transaction!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Again if you read the post the only problem seems to be a disapointment in delivery datesEvery one of us here id imagine fell for that one, if a salesman is honest and says 3 months for the car they know you will just go and place an order with someone saying a month then delaying itWe live in a world we want things right now despite not bieng able to pay for it until tomorrowCar manufactures no longer stockpile anything, unless a car is a cancelled order or one bought in by dealer who certain he can sell them then were going to have to wait for cars nowadays and if using a leasing company they lie and the dealer lies to them and manufacture lies to them etc etc so you need to expect it nowadays delivery dates do moveCouple that and lets give Nissan a clap with the best selling car in such a short time normaly premiums would be expected for a quicker deliveryOn plus side residules should be very very high so this in turn knocks our premiums down a fair bit
UKDOGMAN

Post by UKDOGMAN »

[quote="Donkey"]Again if you read the post the only problem seems to be a disapointment in delivery datesEvery one of us here id imagine fell for that one, if a salesman is honest and says 3 months for the car they know you will just go and place an order with someone saying a month then delaying itWe live in a world we want things right now despite not bieng able to pay for it until tomorrowCar manufactures no longer stockpile anything, unless a car is a cancelled order or one bought in by dealer who certain he can sell them then were going to have to wait for cars nowadays and if using a leasing company they lie and the dealer lies to them and manufacture lies to them etc etc so you need to expect it nowadays delivery dates do moveCouple that and lets give Nissan a clap with the best selling car in such a short time normaly premiums would be expected for a quicker deliveryOn plus side residules should be very very high so this in turn knocks our premiums down a fair bit [/QUOTE]
Thanks for response Donkey. To clarify they never supplied the car and couldn't supply it after weeks/months of making me wait with no updates despite me asking for assurances that everything was OK. Both times I ordered a QQ from them and after the delivery date was due the chap Luke Whitecross called me very sheepishly to say sorry and that there is NO CAR! First time supposedly because the dealer they order through forgot to order it and the second time that Nissan had changed it's Fleet terms and they couldn't supply it at anything like the price they quoted me. He didn't seem to know what day of the week it was. All he said was 'This is not going to be good day for me as I have 12 other QQ owners to call with same news'! No sh*t Sherlock. Do I care about that? No I f'g dont! Hopeless in my view. Also they are not a leasing company. They sell cars cash or finance. There is another company called Nationwide Leasing. May be connected I don't know. I am sure other people have had cars delivered by them but there are many others who suffered like I have. In the end I went to Nissan main dealer, paid a bit more but superb service from the off, car delivered in 2 weeks. I would never consider Nationwide ever again and I told them as much.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

If you got a car direct from a Nissan dealer in 2 weeks you got a cancelled order mateRemember nearly everyone here also went through Nissan dealers and that phone call sheepishly explaining dates moved we all had, I can only think of a handfull waitied less than a monthI myself dont like the ideas of online brokers, wouldnt touch them but many have and many are happy, in my opinion all they good for is giving a quote you can throw at a dealer and hope they competeIts bad news I agrea but the Nissan Qashqai from day 1 has been a disaster, I joined the forum in April to find out where my February order was and theres people ordered before me even now that still physicly do not have the car, and when I say people were talking quite a few
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Not sure about the cancelled order Donkey.With my current saga trying to get a new car I rang a few dealers (local and main city) asking about delivery dates.All of them came back with roughly the same delivery date for 1.2 manual Tekna's as long as it wasn't white or bronze. Apparently these are in high demand. As are diesel or CVT, but you know that! I was given a delivery date of between next Wednesday to Friday (from yesterday)I can't see that the OP specified what he was after but I suspect certain models are stockpiled to a small degree.So long as it's what I ordered, I'm happy with a cancelled order - perhaps someone will get my cancelled order though as it's been sitting in a showroom for 4+ months they could have had it anytime!
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
UKDOGMAN

Post by UKDOGMAN »

Donkey, Yes they are not cancelled orders apparently. They are what they call pipeline orders, in other words dealer pre order cars that they know they will get rid of. He printed off a whole list of available Tekna's ranging from around 7 days to 3 weeks. I could have had most colours or specs. I think the initial queue for cars has died down although from what you say some still don't have them. I think the Acenta Premium is one of the models harder to get. My worry is that they have been throwing them together to get them out!
UKDOGMAN2014-11-21 19:42:10