New QQ not so new!

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

New member, first post (but have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now)We ordered a new 1.2 Tekna QQ at the beginning of the month and were told that we were in luck as the model in the showroom was the same colour and spec as what we wanted (inc. glass roof as a £400 extra). Confirmed it was delivery mileage only and not a demonstrator.We've been waiting for DVLC to do the paperwork to transfer the reg from our current (P/A) car. When I checked progress today I asked the build date of the car as I'd read (on this forum) about upgraded spec (auto fold mirrors etc) since July and wanted to make sure we were getting a current spec car.Turns out it doesn't have the auto fold mirrors so I guess it's been in the showroom for more than "a couple of months". DVLC have already registered that car as belonging to us just haven't transferred the number or got the paperwork back to the dealer yet.What I'd like to hear is any downside to just getting the dealer to install the OEM mirror kit? I think we could live without the new button to turn off the LDW and everything else (SatNav etc) should be software that they can sort out for us?Comments please!
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Are you saying the dealer is charging you £400 for the pano. roof? If so he is ripping you off if the car does not have the auto folding mirrors as the roof was part of the original build Tekna without the £400 add on cost. If the mirrors are not fully auto then the model was built before the roof became an optional extra and the roof should be included in the cost.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

jon, I appreciate that - I thought we were getting a current spec (which is £400 for the roof). What I'm asking is that, apart from feeling ripped off, if the dealer makes the mirrors work as they should, and we have the roof and all the software is up to date, what are we losing out on if we were to offer to accept the car with a price adjustment?I don't want to go down this route only to find that the newest models have something on them that can't be added on now e.g. the button on the dash to switch off the LDW - which I'm not bothered about. It's the items I don't know about that concern me. If everything is upgradable (at their expense) I don't mind negotiating a price adjustment.Thanks
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I am not entirely sure as my model was very early Tekna. But I am sure I read that the passenger seat should be adjustable for height and also lumbar support which the early models did not have plus one or two other things. No doubt some of the latest model owners will soon be on and comment.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

You buy what you buy at the price you find agreeable. It is a new car but if you are not happy that it is a current model and you were not made aware of it, walk away. If you have paid a deposit but the car is not what you thought it was, ask for it back or wait for a fresh unit to be delivered. Even if you have signed a finance deal on the car, you can walk away from the deal within something like 10 days and you don't even have to give a reason. In fact it may be easier to walk away from the deal after signing a Nissan Finance deal, odd as that may seem.
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I hope that no one is suggesting that a car dealer would pull a fast one!!!!!!!!
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="Stevethegreatgolfer"]I hope that no one is suggesting that a car dealer would pull a fast one!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]Buyer beware lol, sometimes dealers lieI wonder where my QQ went and does it still have 28K on it
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Quacker, we've paid a hefty deposit but yes, we could ask for it back.What
I'm trying to find out, is what I'd be missing out on by accepting the
car. When Iknow that, I can work out how much it means to me. I'd like
to have as much info as possible before I start asking for money off.I don't know enough about the QQ yet to know what was changed in July, especially some of the features don't seem to be documented.Steve (the great golfer): I sure that's not the case, he seems such a nice man!
QDay 28.11.2014
Acenta

Post by Acenta »

When I bought my last car it was brand new but had been on stock for about 3 months. Got a great deal as a result, about £2000 less than quoted elsewhere. There were minor spec differences but nothing that bothered me. Problem was the muppet dealer did not set the service indicator to the delivery/registration date when I collected the car, it was still set at the date the car was actually manufactured which was 4 months before I collected it. He said he could not then re-set it and then maintained that it needed servicing according to the computer where the service book clearly said that it required its first service 12 months after first registration. He was adamant that if I did not do it the warranty would be nullified. The importers customer service dept sorted it in my favour but when you collect any car check that the indicators have been re-set. Especially important on a car that has been in stock a while.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Beardy im assuming you seen the car and had a cash deal for a second hand car (ex demos are second hand)Wouldnt pay the new price unless you dont want the wait but deal with the guy as if its a second hand car and buy what you see pay the price your willing to pay