New QQ not so new!

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
ragna

Post by ragna »

Beardyman i ordered an Accenta premium on the 24/09/14 and collected 09/10/14 it didnt have the ldw button or upgrades to the passenger seat and as far as i know the auto mirrors werent upgraded on the A/P ididnt find out about these upgrades untill a little later after i collected the car by which timei had over 500 miles on the clock. You have option of canceling,but i think the dealer should at least knock the £400 of the price for the pano roof. Lest us know how you get on
2014 QQ 1.2 Accenta Premium, Storm White

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

RagnaThanks for your response. It's getting a bit complicated now - this morning I've received all the paperwork from DVLC, assigning the "new/old" QQ to us and also swapping over the cherished plate (long story!)I did contact a few other dealers this morning and they are are quoting delivery of a 1.2 petrol manual Nightshade Tekna (with pano roof) for 25 November. The DVLC paperwork has taken 13 days so that could be the hold up if I reject the offered car and go for what is on our Nissan official order form i.e. a current spec car!I'll keep you posted as it might help someone the next time there is a spec change.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Don't forget, that dealers will often "fudge" the figures on the paperwork to make what ever deal work, as long as the end payment figure is what you agreed, then does it really matter what's shown on the paperwork? They did it with mine, we agreed a price for the QQ, then we agreed a price for the Almera trade in. The price for the trade in and the QQ were 2 different than what was agreed BUT the end total was the same. I had no issues with this myself as the total was the same. Maybe the dealer has done the same to make the sale of this showroom model look better in his books. If you are happy with the end price then that should be it. Of course, you can query it if you wish. As for "missing something" between the early generation spec QQ and the newer generation spec, there is not really that much to sing and dance about to be perfectly honest. Yes there are a couple of tweaks here and there but these for some are not important or a deal breaker, or a feature that could be added separately at a later date such as the auto folding mirrors. In addition, the new spec has only really started to filter through the dealers properly, it could very well be sat in their back yard/display for longer they are saying (there should be paperwork that shows delivery date somewhere), OR it could be one of the last few "older spec" J11 QQs coming through from store houses. Regardless, you have confirmed it has delivery mileage and not been pre-registered so its still a new car. Mine is an ex-display model, we agreed a great deal and I was a little miffed to find on collection day that my car was STILL in the showroom but after a good look around it for about an hour before signing on the line (actualy, having it in the showroom was great as I was able to bat people away from it whilst being able to get properly around the car so mixed blessing!!) to agree all is fine I was on my way! Only you can decide if you should continue with the deal based on the information you have in your hands and if your deal is worth going for the older generation spec, if you do indeed want to wait for the small number of features for a newer car.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Having a ex showroom car is a bonus once you checked no marks or things missingShowroom cars are normaly polished to gleam for a start, often no need for the expensive dealer polish up and to be fair only had people sit in it My car was not a showroom car but I found the day before the collection it was in there showroom, a sheepish dealer said it was out the rain there but it didnt matter as in early days there wasnt much on display and the owners knew day of delivery and was demanding the cars popping in taking pics for forum etc
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="Donkey"]Having a ex showroom car is a bonus once you checked no marks or things missingShowroom cars are normaly polished to gleam for a start, often no need for the expensive dealer polish up and to be fair only had people sit in it My car was not a showroom car but I found the day before the collection it was in there showroom, a sheepish dealer said it was out the rain there but it didnt matter as in early days there wasnt much on display and the owners knew day of delivery and was demanding the cars popping in taking pics for forum etc[/QUOTE]
My car was also put in showroom once delivered 2 days before i picked it up. I found paperwork in car stating it had recieved a valet inside and out and to this day all i do is a quick wash and the car just shines so nice so maybe it got some sort of exterior treatment?
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Dealers use the polymer wax they try and charge £200 for mateCant have a showcar full of greasy finger marks etc im convinced the cars in showroom gleam more than off the shelf cars Same for windows you never see streaks on them and think your cars fine until you go into a tunnel or petrol station
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Here's a new one - I've decided to reject the offered "old" spec car and I'm isting on a new one. Gets a bit complicated as I now received the V5C for the "reject" car in my name.The dealer has said he can get that cancelled as the customer has rejected it but because the transaction didn't take place it has to be on the grounds that I've pulled out of the deal and no longer wish to proceed. He tells me this is the quickest way to avoid it getting rejected by DVLC as if it was rejected on the grounds of a spec change they wouldn't de-register the car!Now I may be cynical (!) and don't always see things in a positive light (sorry, duncho) but I can't help but think this is the sales rep trying to cover himself from getting a good telling off from his manager.That being the case I' don't mind saving his ass so long as I get a new car asap.I really don't like playing these games - I just want to buy a car! If a dealer ever decided to try and make "car-buying" a no-stress, pleasant experience, rather than a mental minefield, I think they'd sell more cars.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[QUOTEI really don't like playing these games - I just want to buy a car! If a dealer ever decided to try and make "car-buying" a no-stress, pleasant experience, rather than a mental minefield, I think they'd sell more cars.[/QUOTE]]
Personally I think most car salesmen would not hold down a job in a proper sales environment, they are only suited to either this, double glazing, or life assurance. They often know little of what they are selling, will fob you off with any old promises to get a sale. I do not like dealing with them in any form
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Does it really matter what its being put down to, you get what you want at the end of the day and they get what they want! In reality, you HAVE pulled out of your existing 'contract' of buying that car, and entered into a new 'contract' to order one straight of the production line, its just different wording and a sure fire way to ensure the DVLC move things forward at an appropriate speed and with no complications. Doing deals is always about playing a game of who can hold out their nerve long enough... if you don't want to play the game then buying a car from anybody is not for you lol!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="SplanK"] Doing deals is always about playing a game of who can hold out their nerve long enough... if you don't want to play the game then buying a car from anybody is not for you lol![/QUOTE]Spot onThe salesman not your friend its business, and everyone gets buyers remorseI cant see the problem if you can physicly see the car and deal shake hands dont forget your buying new and check terms and conditions of the brochures, its that way they can bend you over and rape you changing whatever features and spec they want without having to alert or explain themselfsBetter to see what your buying I reckon