New QQ not so new!

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

SplanK, totally agree... but I don't have to like it.I was more
concerned about a potential "re-stocking" fee if I had pulled out
unreasonably. Anyway, recorded him on my phone telling me I didn't have
anything to pay over and above what was on the original order form. If
things go to plan, should get my QQ by the end of next weekDonkey, yes we saw the car but at the time, I hadn't found this forum so was unaware of the subtle spec changes that have been going on since July 20. We ordered a current spec car. All I want is a current spec car. Not a previous spec car at current spec prices. As my current car has auto fold mirrors I've got used to them and would end up paying to have them retro-fitted. As you say, it's all a game where we're the marks and they are the hustlers. Having said that, I'm happy with he deal I've ended up with. If the car plays it's part, I'll be a happy driver.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Spec change a funny thing mateThe first QQ were delivered with a list of things missing that no one noticed at first, they were all on the brochure and in fact some things are still advertised in the brochure that have never been fitted to the car like the array of Apps for media centre etcEven though trade descriptions act is still curent Nisssan bypassed this legaly by placing in small print they reserve right to make changes as they see fit etc etcWords like automatic locking doors and folding mirrors used for example that didnt actualy ever work as we all know it and now introduced were applied to nearly a million QQPremium media system words are used and although its not bad everyone will say its far from premium and you would have hard time to get people to agrea its adequateMy point is by buying as you did you can see the beast and know what your buying, where as to buy it new expecting one thing and in small print they can in theroy rename Black to white and supply you the carDead Parrot sketch does come to mind, we just found last night my old AP which is now for sale second hand on another thread for more money than the car was when it was ordered and the dealers know what they can get for them so price probably will sell
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

With me, ignorance is bliss. I do a certain amount of homework before I buy then don't worry about what I can't change. The flip side to that is what I can change I try and get right. Once I've committed to it I'll be happy I've made a choice based on the information available at the time.. The nearest I'll get to buyers remorse on this one is; should I have waited for the 1.6 petrol? (only joking, having done a lengthy test drive I'll be happy with the 1.2)
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014