Thinking to buy QQ

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
ajant

Post by ajant »

Hi all,I'm a newbie here, but have lurked this forum for last couple of weeks. U r one very interesting community I'm thinking to buy QQ as it seems to be the best option for my needs:a diesel crossover with 4WD (a must for local rural roads) which is at the same time fuel-efficient and comfortable (low cabin noise) for long commuting (300km/day). After comprehensive internet research, I have detected QQ as the option that balances the best these 3 factors.I'm still waiting for my test drive, but in the meantime I would appreciate any comments - from your experience, would you agree this car is a good option for my needs?The price is not a major factor in the search for the car I want, but IMO more expensive crossovers would hardly beat QQ under this criteria - taking into account that fuel-efficiency is quite important factor to me and that style/design,power or volume are much less important.Thanks for your views!
ajant2014-09-21 16:14:16

ukwebb

Post by ukwebb »

i went through a similar process before deciding to go for the QQ. I was considering the Skoda Yeti - but it just felt too basic. I also considered the Hyundai ix35, but in driving felt very skittish and not all that safe.I had a quick look at the Mazda CX5 but when the salesmans 'best features' list consisted on the stitching on the passenger seat and the little levers in the boot to drop the back seats from the back of the car, i wasnt too impressed. I quizzed some first gen QQ owners what they thought and they all said the same thing, superb car, superb drive, but the interior could be improved, which is what Nissan then improved! What swung it for me was the price for the spec and also every review going saying how good the QQ was. Go for the QQ you wont be disappointed.
English by Nature, Yorkshire by the Grace of God
Qashqai 2014 1.6dci CVT Tekna Magnetic Red - ordered April Born Oct 15th 2014
Alan22

Post by Alan22 »

Hi and welcome the QQ in my mind is best choice but to be honest I did also try out the kia sportage close thing but went for QQ and pleased I did
2014 Premium 1.2 DIG-T Metalic Black
ajant

Post by ajant »

Many thanks, guys. You definitely reassured me further. Hoping to drop by here again very soon and lay down my QQ experience :)