Time your QQ was at the Dealer?

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
badger84

Post by badger84 »

Hi AllBeen reading this very helpful forum since I ordered my QQ back in April, now I have something to ask so I thought I would register I'm wondering how long you've had to wait to pick up or have your QQ delivered once it arrived with the dealer? Mine is ordered through a leasing company at work and I found out early last week it had arrived with the dealer as expected in mid July. I was expecting it within 5-10 days i.e. end of July at the latest, intending to use it when taking the family on holiday next week. I've today found out that it won't be ready next week "because of the turnaround time" so that will be at least 3 weeks with the dealer and no date given as to when it will be ready. Doesn't seem right to me??
Awaiting 1.5 Tekna Gun Metallic with some Ice Chrome bits

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

No it seems totally unreasonable to me but there may well be other things impacting on this time scale? Have you ordered lots of extras? Is insurance and registration in place? Or as is more likely, have the garage been paid by the finance company, there's no way they will release the car until that is settled. PeterL2014-07-30 20:54:34
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Scarletlancer

Post by Scarletlancer »

badger84, my car was at the dealers about 3 days before I took ownership. Three weeks seems excessive.
Tekna 1.2 Dig-T Pearl Black.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

My car arrived at the dealers on the 25th Feb. I had chrome parts fitted and the PDI and it was collected 1st March, not just mine on that day I had to work around their time slots as they supplied 10 new cars on that day. They actually let me look at it the day after delivery and I checked it out personally for signs of damage, panel alignment etc.If it is at the dealers as you are saying, I would ask to see it and if they refuse ask why. I would then be suspecting it has suffered some body damage in delivery and they are sending it to a body shop for rectification. Sorry to put doubts in your mind, but this often happens during delivery and you ought to be assured of what is happening.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
badger84

Post by badger84 »

Thanks all. Problem is as this is through a leasing company through work I don't even know what dealer it's at other than the dealer group it's ordered through; could be at the other end of the country from me for all I know. So I guess it will always be a bit longer than going direct but not 3 days > 3 weeks! I've ordered a few extras (front lip finisher, boot finisher, rear plate, sports pack, rear blinds) but not too much. I'd like to think it's because of the rigorous PDI they now go through following some of the issues reported on here :-) Will chase up for a date tomorrow.
Alan22

Post by Alan22 »

Hi I waited 3 days for mine you sure they are not waiting for new reg date
2014 Premium 1.2 DIG-T Metalic Black
badger84

Post by badger84 »

Alan22, 1st September? Hope not! Although they might as well at this rate.

Jonceebee, I had considered it might have been damaged. Hopefully they arent trying to hide something. Guess it happens though.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Our car arrived with dealer on a Friday and we collected the following Thursday. Everything was fine for us and excellent service from Wellington Motors.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

I ordered my QQ 1.5 dci tekna end of march. Was given a date of 21st June. It arrived at dealers on 12th June and I picked it up next day.
2014 Qashqai Tekna
Deleted User 1110

Post by Deleted User 1110 »

ordered 2nd march (acenta premium 1.5dci on motability). Given delivery date of 6th June, car arrived 6th June and i picked it up week later on 13th. The sales person even came in from her week off to do the handover. Great service from Vospers in Plymouth