Time your QQ was at the Dealer?

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

I've been told (by my leasing company) that if the car is delivered near a plate change, that they will wait to hand it over until after the plate change, so that when they get the car back, it retains more value. E.g. istead of a 14 plate car, you get a 64 plate car if they wait until after the end of August to register it... The cut-over is 31 of August, so a little over 4 weeks away... I'm willing to bet that they are waiting until Sept 1st to register the car... M.
Spinal2014-07-31 13:42:14

Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Mine is (fingers crossed) arriving at the dealer 21 August and they have booked my handover for 23 August. It is also a lease but the lease company isn't bothered about plate changes. I think it makes very little difference to the value in reality.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
badger84

Post by badger84 »

Interesting Spinal I hadn't thought of that.

Anyway good news is I found out today it will be delivered in a couple of weeks. Still nearly a month with the dealer but at least I have a date now. Can't wait
Awaiting 1.5 Tekna Gun Metallic with some Ice Chrome bits
JALA83

Post by JALA83 »

Mines also through a lease company, due to arrive mid August and they gave me the option of delivery before or after plate change. Choose after, Been waiting long enough so what's another couple of weeks.
***1.5dci Acenta Premium - Metallic red***
TopCat268

Post by TopCat268 »

Mine arrived at the dealers yesterday and with the PDI and added chrome packs & side bars we can expect to pick it up next Weds 6th August ( ordered 8th May 2014 ).
Tekna 1.5dci Pearl Black, 2 x Chrome Packs, Illuminated side bars