Now a proud Qashqai owner

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Ok, so we collected our 1.5dci Acenta with Smart Vision pack in Black this afternoon - after a 50 mile trip back home from the dealer's in torrential rain, I can say that the wipers are good, the seats are super comfy, and the tech even on this trim is awesome... 4 adults plus 1 dog on board in awful weather and averaged 62 mpg - pretty impressed. The forecast for tomorrow is decent, so I'll be out with the hoover to remove the mutt hairs and the Aqua Wax to get her shiny again. My only disappointment so far is that for some reason, the USB stick with all my tunes on, which worked perfectly in the old car, isn't recognised by the QQ no matter how many times I plug it in - mind you, the bluetooth streaming from my phone sounds good. Shame I have to use the phone to change albums though. I thought I should be able to choose the tune from the car buttons...?
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack

supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Oh and I don't remember it seeming that small on the inside when I took the test drive! I guess it depends what car you're coming from (in my case a 7 seater Chevrolet Orlando that looked and drove like a wardrobe) but it does feel quite short front to back although as wide as I remembered from the test drive all those months ago. But you can't have 70mpg and a massive space to lounge around in I guess!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

try alternative sized Memory stick.Do you get any message on screen when you've inserted?ie I use one USB for weekly speed camera updated, with no song tracks. I always get a message along the lines of "There is no media bla bla".Few seconds later I get message when its found speed camera file, asking if I wantto d/load into Connect system.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I get nothing at all - tapping the Media button as many times as I like, it just says "Aux". It doesn't know the USB stick is there, and it's only 8gb.supergrover2014-07-19 22:45:48
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

.supergrover2014-07-20 07:35:52
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Have you tried another stick/device? Just to check the port is working.
tekna cvt mag red
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I don't have any other usb sticks, but having plugged my android phone in via a cable, it works perfectly with that - I can scroll through the folders and files and play all the music on that, selecting tracks using the steering wheel controls. When I connect the phone via Bluetooth, I can play the tunes but have to use the phone to choose the track, so hardly ideal on the move. I guess it must be a formatting issue with the usb stick?
GeckoPutt

Post by GeckoPutt »

[quote="supergrover"]I don't have any other usb sticks, but having plugged my android phone in via a cable, it works perfectly with that - I can scroll through the folders and files and play all the music on that, selecting tracks using the steering wheel controls. When I connect the phone via Bluetooth, I can play the tunes but have to use the phone to choose the track, so hardly ideal on the move. I guess it must be a formatting issue with the usb stick? [/QUOTE]
Just out of curiosity, what is the size and format of the memory stick? Is it formatted as FAT32?
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

It's 8gb, and to be honest, I've no idea how it's formatted! I filled it with tunes from the laptop (cds ripped using windows media player, mp3 downloads from Amazon etc, all of which played fine in the old car) a while ago, and the laptop has since bitten the dust - so I've nothing to plug it into to find out :-(
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

USB sticks, cheap as chips- buy a couple of others, different brands + size, & slot in.
(obviously ignition in on position).Gel2014-07-20 15:41:38
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D