QQ Availability

The place to discuss everything else..
dobXdavid

Post by dobXdavid »

Just received this message' "
Speaking with TMR today, Nissan
Australia's Peter Fadeyev confirmed that there are no present plans to bring
the 1.6 turbo petrol Qashqai to Australia"'Have been waiting for such a machine since I first learnt of it from the early brochures. I do hope this doesn't portend a general discontinuance of this model for all of us..I know I'm not the only one whose not committed to a new car until they get the chance to try a 1.6. I look out at the hills and steep lanes around me in the Pennines and wonder about the smaller engined vehicles. When I trialled a 1.2 last February it went well enough on the level, with a curious lag on accelerating, but on a host of 1 in 7s and 1 in 4s?
1.6 Dig-T Magnetic Red Tekna 1/3/2015

Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I didn't know they had Pennines in Australia.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
john w

Post by john w »

Whats that all about
dobXdavid

Post by dobXdavid »

OK, Stevethegreatgolfer, I know there's a Saddleworth in Australia but I write from Saddleworth, Yorkshire, east of Oldham.When I say all of us I do mean all and include the Aussies too.Just hoping they being short changed won't happen in Blighty too.
1.6 Dig-T Magnetic Red Tekna 1/3/2015
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

I'm with dobXdavid on this one...the promise of a 1.6 Petrol turbo is just too tempting to forget about...it all ready exists (in a higher tuned version) with the Juke....so what is the problem releasing it with the QQ? To pay all that money for a brand new 1.2 L...and then they bring out a 1.6 L would be even more frustrating than waiting for one! The more people that insist on this may help them decide not to loose potential customers?...I would much prefer to sacrifice a little fuel economy and get that extra performance.!!After all, how many new QQs are you going to buy in your life time?If anyone out there has any news on the release of the 1.6 L petrol turbo please tell us!!!!
R
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

We live on the edge of Exmoor and have Porlock Hill among other notable hills in Somerset and Devon. Our 1.5 dCi storms these without any problem and delivers good fuel economy. What more could I ask for.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I have friend who's parents have a pub up on Saddleworth Moor.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

There has been no further mention of the 1.6DIG-T engine QQ for a long time now. I suspect the popularity of the new QQ has taken Nissan by surprise and they are concentrating on the current builds with the 3 engines and various gearboxes, rather than adding an extra complication of adding a 4th engine. Don't forget, 1 change can increase the model count significantly thus adding further delays! If this is true IMHO its a sensible decision with the current delays, then they can keep the 1.6DIG-T and use it as part of a "refresh" when needed, prob just before the 3 year mark when the early buyers are likely to trade up, or have spare capacity on the production line. I for one want a 1.6DIG-T, however I decided that I could not sit on my hands long enough for one and opted for the 1.2DIG-T instead, however I did say once the 1.6 DIG-T was out I would look at trading up between 2-3 years ownership of the 1.2.