New PC shopping

The place to discuss everything else..
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Never fallen for the Apple speel & they will never get a penny of my money for their over priced goods.Im not knocking the products just the price they charge.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2

Reevsey182

Post by Reevsey182 »

I realise this is a late reply and you have probably already made a purchase, for what it is worth, I converted to a 27" iMac 4 years ago and have never looked back, along with my ipad it is a great combination, I personally would never go back to a PC.
Toxteth O'Grady

Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

I had exactly the same conundrum a couple of years ago. Having always been firmly in the PC camp I was becoming increasingly fed up with my latest laptop slowing down with all the bloatware that comes pre-installed, frequent Windows updates and virus software.

I'd had an iPad for a year or so having admittedly turned my nose up at the concept of a tablet when the iPad was first ever released. I'd also just got my first iphone and realised that I was falling into the apple ecosystem (willingly) by creep.

The cost of a mac is an issue, on paper they're much more than an equivalently specced PC but, for me, mine just works so much better than a PC (and I still use a PC daily at work).

Having already got a decent monitor, I was able to go for the cheaper option of a Mac Mini. 2 years on it still works as quickly as it did when new and iTunes is far more stable than it was on the laptop. I picked mine up in Hong Kong, from the Apple Store, as Apple products (genuine!) are much cheaper over there and it easily fitted into my hand luggage - much easier than an iMac would! They're also cheaper in the US. That may not be much use to you but if you are going to be travelling in the near future it could be worth bearing in mind.

You still have to provide a keyboard and mouse / trackpad with a Mac Mini. Ultimately, if you don't already have a monitor, when you price up the constituent parts the Mini isn't much cheaper than an iMac (especially if you pay UK price for the Mini).

My take on the whole debate is that PCs may be cheaper but Macs feel better and are more enjoyable to use. This could be down to at least an element of marketing hype but if we were all supposed to purchase on price alone the roads would be full of Dacias!

Good luck and enjoy using whatever you choose to go for (Mac or PC!)
White 1.6 dCi 2WD Tekna via drivethedeal.com.
Still wishing they'd call it the Nissan Rogue.