My garden project

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

So, over the last 2 years I have been ploughing away at the garden completely redesigning it.Both me and the wife lead busy lives, and much more so now Harry has come along. So the aim was to make it as low maintenance as possible but somewhere we could enjoy with plenty of "look after themselves" plants.Stage 1.. replace the "moss" lawn with decking.Before: During:Lots of stuff removed!With the help from a friend, progress is made with the decking base:Decent progress:Decking done, now the start of the planeter:Done!Stage 2:As you can see, the decking has casued a bit of havoc with the patio area... time to lift and replace. As we wanted to do this on a bit of a budget, we re-used the existing flags where possible and managed to aquire some matching flags from a friend and my parents!So up came the flags, leveled and started work on the baseIt just had to be done. The flags that I got were transported in our old Micra.... 4 flags in the back of this, suprised I didnt pop a shocker!!Other than a good clean, it was done!Stage 3 - The "other side"Now I had more or less done one half of the garden, the other neglected side needed sorting. We decided that we were going to fence off the shed and make the garden a little more snug, whilst increasing the storage in a hidden area.Because we have a problem with standing water in winter, we decided to raise the bed. All fences are now painted the same colour with proper creosote!Stage 4 - Clean!Stage 4 is more finishing off. I replaced the large gravel area in front of the new fences with pea shingle (until this afternoon, it had turned into a weed/grass dumping ground area, the old weed membrane I put down years ago was poor and had rotted so it all had to come up.But I started this project 2 years ago, and here is the finished article!Very happy with it, 2 years of joint ache has gone into this and rather happy with the result! Just one my area to complete and that's the storage area inbetween the shed and the new fence! Should not take too long, just need to level out the area, lay some flags and pea shingle the rest, and I can finally get the extra storage unit that we desperately need!SplanK2014-05-18 19:47:30

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

All well and good, but no car pics.
tekna cvt mag red
Kris

Post by Kris »

Thought this was another suggestion what to do while waiting for new QQ.
Just hope the wait is not as long as your gardening project
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Well... here is the QQ aspect of the project.... I do have a pic of the QQ with about 10 bags of pea shingle from wicks in it lol Was a bit nervous loading this into the new car, but as it was 1540, I was more concerned about Wicks closing rather than the sate of the boot afterwards! Looked rather low at the back (actually, looked perfect and should have been that low to begin with), and the 1.2 coped rather well
korky

Post by korky »

SplanK when you free to come do my garden? Great work