ARGH - Dealers!!!

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

<RANT>Chorley Nissan are hopeless! Thankfully, I bought my QQ from Fred Coupe, but I still need to deal with Chorley Nissan as the Micra's warranty is still with them...! My grip with this company goes back to 2003, where I sent my Primera in for a service at Chorley branch. They managed to spill brake fluid onto some paint work, left a coolant host loose, didn't tell me about a split CV boot spraying grease all over my brake discs and managed to kerb an alloy! Then when I bought my 1.5 Almera from the Chorley branch, they initially told me it was a 1.8, it was only after checking at home after I signed up for the car that I realised its true engine capacity. Although sorted quite quickly and appropriately. We then decided that our old Micra needed swapping, so ended up at Chorley Nissan at Preston and picked up a nice '2012 Micra DIG-S. We agreed that the services was to be done at Chorley (as its just down the road from where I live). That was a faf! When buying the car and completing the finance deal, one of the managers at this branch knew somewhere where I worked. I walked into work next morning and this friend of the managers mentioned to me that they knew I was buying a new car from them!! Furious was not the word that described my feelings. Clearly a breach of data protection and an appropriate complaint was lodged. Now, there is a blemish on the paint work of the Micra which I belive is a fault rather than ware and tare, so rather than wasting my time and going in for them to turn around and say "bugger off, we don't have time to look at it today", I sent via email some high res pictures of what I believe to be a paint issue that should be covered under warranty. So far nothing, even a follow up . What's the point in having an email system when they don't use it! Time to call them me thinks and be bounced around several people. When buying the QQ, I was at the Chorley branch trying to strike up a deal. They let me walk out saying they needed to clear the deal with the manager who was not in for 2 days. This lead me to look elsewhere and I happened upon Fred Coupe in Preston where a deal was struck. Had a call from Chorley Nissan a day later, and the sales guy went through the deal with me again, I didn't tell them I had already struck a deal with Fred Coupe in case I rejected the car, wanted to keep things moving and have options. However he was so insistent with trying to sell me an over priced GAP insurance despite me telling him I knew what it was and that I didn't want it, took me 5 attempts and 15 minutes later, I gave up, told him I was no longer interested as he had pushed me too far with trying to push something I was fully aware of and that I didn't want. Never EVER dealing with this dealer ever again after the last service has been done.</RANT>

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Interesting.We could do with a dealers section probably split up geographically to put in both the good and the bad?--Edit: I'm in the middle of my first "service" experience to identify and fix my rattley dashboard/vent so i'll pop an update in later today or in the morning depending on what happens.
AlleyCat2014-05-08 12:27:32
Nissan no more...
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

It may just be me and having a sods law moment with the bad experiences, but getting the QQ from Fred Coupe in Preston was a breeze (although they did leave it on the shop floor longer than I wanted them to, but no harm done as I was able to inspect the bejesus out of it in a nice warm well lit room!!), hopefully the servicing and any warranty repairs will be the same!