what car magazine

The place to discuss everything else..
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

Anyone seen the latest what car magazine. Best small suv. Test between, Merc GLA, Audi Q3, BMW X1, and the Qashqai,
Guess what the Qashqai wiped the floor with all of them, 5 star all round

korky

Post by korky »

Wooohoooo
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Im going to read thatI found the Q3 a far superior car to be honest, but the spec was crappy unless loaded and then it shot up so high i couldnt afford itIm very suprised the QQ won to be fair, its a great car but to genuinely win against the Q3 suprises me unless they factored in the spec that comes with the QQIts a wiered comparison the QQ main competitors are realy the Yeti and 3008 etc putting Qashqai up against the merc and BMW
korky

Post by korky »

QQ can only be top due to overall package.

From engine refinement etc I'd say tthe Q3 is a better car and I did look at that with all the messing about we had. But as Donkey says when you spec it up it becomes expensive and moves in to other cars territory....

However have to agree that the QQ is one heck of a package and not one easily beaten
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

The qashqai grade compared was the acenta premium
montimar

Post by montimar »

I agree with donkey the Q3 was a little bit better car but spec for spec far to expensive and quite ugly compared with the QQ.I'm very happy with the choice I made.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I got the premium and the only thing i miss after driving the old 360 is the wheelsBut i like the drive of the 17" wheels significantly a better drive than the 19" just dont have the lookI dont have the fake leather (yep all budget cars do give fake leather im sorry its not the soft smelly leather I call leather) and obviously the Tekna has all around cameras that turn off soon as you move lol I could do with park assist but bieng a man wont ever admit to itThe accenta premium a good car but i cant see how its in the class that was reviewedThe QQ should have been in with 3008 the yeti (thats a good car as it goes) the Mokka and the Kuga maybeIn that class the QQ washes the floor with them all easily so its good its punching above its class but id take the Q3 engine over the QQ any day it has to be said
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Nissan must be rubbing their hands with glee to be compared with Mercs and Audis. Does explain the long wait for my Tekna, all those ex-Merc and Audi drivers jumping on the bandwagon. Heck that's me (previous owner of CLK, A4 and A6).
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Yozzer, you have really made my weekend start well. Living here in Germany and reading the Auto Mags each week never has a UK built car beat the likes of Audi, BMW, Mercedes & VW in tests. It is almost as though the Mags are sponsored. I have just downloaded the "What Car" App and the Mag on my iPad and hopefully it will make good reading. Thanks Again as I normally only buy when in the UK - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken