Evans Above

The place to discuss everything else..
keithg2308

Post by keithg2308 »

Lets be honest here, regardless of reviews from whoever, comments on forums, recommendations from friends or somebody down the pub the only opinion that actually matters is your own. So please ignore all the stupid reviews and think about the test drive and the reason you ordered the car in the first place.
keith

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Just in case you've not read ithttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article- ... inted.html
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Ive just read the review (its only fair i read it then sl*g the ginger twat off as im absolutely sure he hasnt driven the car)He claims brakes are hard? not seen a single comment from any owner or test driver even mentioning this same with the boot floor collapsing of runnersIm over 6 foot and can sit in rear quite easily, maybe if Chris Evans removed hes wallet out of hes trousers and then retries to get in?Ive thrown my QQ around a lot as it goes through the lanes and I was very impressed considering ive only 17" wheels if you keep the revs right ignoring the gear symbol its actualy quite sporty considering what the car type isMoaning about non electric front passenger seats... well id rather have no electric seats at all and the money and weight saved put into a spare wheelBut lastly and it shows what a prick the man realy is has to be him moaning about the instrument cluster bieng out hes field of vision.Of all the owners reviews on every forum not once have i noted any of hes critisms even been mentioned, that could be becauses hes a proffesional car reviewer and were not or because hes the biggest twat around on TV at moment
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Stop pussy footing Donkey, say what you really mean about him lolWhile I do have some issues with the car I'd have to say that his "review" is what can only be described as absolute bollocks!. The man is an idiot with more money than sense and an ego so large it would make an excellent flood barrier for the Thames.Or, in the words of Mother Theresa "Ginger Twat!"
phaedra2014-04-29 00:24:38
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Why moan about bits on Tekna model he apparently drove yet show close up pic of Acenta wheel?

Review made me laugh when I realised he did an armchair review if you get my drift.
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="TC3"]Review made me laugh when I realised he did an armchair review if you get my drift.[/QUOTE]
There's a certain irony to this thread given that many of the comments made in defence of the car and against CE were done so without reading the review first... That said I totally agree with you all, I just hope for Nissan's sake that not too many of the Daily Mail readers, many of whom will be sitting around in armchairs most of the day, now agree with CE.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I test drove the 1.6 CVT over a variety of roads and never thought it was noisy. It is far quieter than my Accord 2.2d and quieter than my previous A6 TDI. Handling wise I also thought it was great. I wont compare it with my MX5 but then I shouldn't think the MX5 would handle too well with 5 people and their luggage on board.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Stevethegreatgolfer"]I test drove the 1.6 CVT over a variety of roads and never thought it was noisy. It is far quieter than my Accord 2.2d and quieter than my previous A6 TDI. Handling wise I also thought it was great. I wont compare it with my MX5 but then I shouldn't think the MX5 would handle too well with 5 people and their luggage on board.[/QUOTE]Apples and Pears comes to mind and in the case of CE a Banana!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I thought most Daily Mail readers drove Audis to be fairAs for Nissan being upset? there customer services for sure will be refering Mr Evans to there dealers lol
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="PeterL"][quote="TC3"]Review made me laugh when I realised he did an armchair review if you get my drift.[/QUOTE]
There's a certain irony to this thread given that many of the comments made in defence of the car and against CE were done so without reading the review first... That said I totally agree with you all, I just hope for Nissan's sake that not too many of the Daily Mail readers, many of whom will be sitting around in armchairs most of the day, now agree with CE.[/QUOTE]
I think the greater public will be aware the CE has lots of money and is likely comparing the car to some of the higher end cars on the market he has owned/ driven though not all he said could be considered a comparison.
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal