Evans Above

The place to discuss everything else..
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Id go further than that Tony and suggest Chris Evans hasnt even driven the QQ more than 5 milesBrakes are good but hardly over engineered and stop you dead with a slight touch of the pedalHes researchers who gave him all this information cannot even get road tax figures sorted, cant commnt on fuel economy or performance

TC3

Post by TC3 »

I think he has an instant dislike for the QQ in general or maybe just the new model. If that is the case it is very easy to find lots of fault and put down the car in every area when someone is in a negative state of mind. It all brings me to the conclusion the guy is just a big dildo
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

phaedra

Post by phaedra »

[quote="TC3"]the guy is just a big dildo [/QUOTE]That's a terrible thing to say, just think how many perfectly nice dildo's you've offended!
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="phaedra"][quote="TC3"]the guy is just a big dildo [/QUOTE]That's a terrible thing to say, just think how many perfectly nice dildo's you've offended! [/QUOTE]
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

All modern cars are boring thoughI agrea with the bit abou the car sends you to sleep, that applies to all modern cars- they have no souls, no little quirks you used to love to hate, they steer straight brake straight why all the things you would expect in a new carI just sold a modern XJ Jaguar now that was realy realy soul destroying boring, yep wood n leather but you hit the cruise control and just waited to steer lolThat said im happy with boring, hated a car that would ony start if you pressed twice on throttle wound left hand window down and opened an astray an inch and if you missed the start then waited for a flooded engine to recover lolI once had a quirky Vauxhall that would only turn over fast enough to start if you pressed the clutch, pulled violently to left when braking and a cortina that if you didnt catch the engine first time wouldnt start for hours, these wasnt boring cars but I can live without the excitement they gaveIf anyone ever make the perfect car tech wise it will be as boring as hellreliability safety and comfort are all boring things
mikeburton1955

Post by mikeburton1955 »

Now there is a positive side to this if anybody actually takes any notice of Chris Evans opinions (which I doubt).Delivery times could improve.....................
Ordered Tekna 1.5 dCi in Gun Metal from Buyacar.co.uk on 18th March, delivery expected mid June
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I liked the replies to the mail where one man stated the only thing Chris Evans knows about driving is people away from radio 2
oswmobo

Post by oswmobo »

I haven't read this "review" but judging by the number of people commenting on it, it did exactly what it was supposed to do Sell Papers.
1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium Ink Blue.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

The bloke's a buffoon, just like Jeremy Clarkson and his cronies they all pander to the 13 to 23 year olds acting like silly old sods that need to grow up.If I wanted a car that noisily growled, gave me bum tightening thrills on cornering and threw me about all over the place, which is what they seem to think a car should offer, I should have hung onto my Morris Marina, it did all that pretty well
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Well all I can say is MY 1.6 CVT is the opposite to what he says. Its quiet, fast, excellent, very smooth CVT and it accelerates as rapid as my 2litre 165bhp Astra did.