Evans Above

The place to discuss everything else..
korky

Post by korky »

Is this CE the DJ, radio and tv presenter?

I wouldn't worry....as he may be a car but with millions of Ferraris in a garage but that's it!

montimar

Post by montimar »

Don't worry about the 1.6 it is a very good engine with plenty of power, very smooth and quiet with no vibrations that I can detect.It is a good match to the CVT gearbox which is also quiet and silky smooth.My last car was a Mercedes and the QQ 1.6/CVT combo is streets ahead.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

[quote="bev 2311"]I have a 1.5 dci juke at the mo and waiting to pick up my 1.6 dci tekna no my test drive I thought the 1.6 teknas engine was alot quieter than my juke and I would say my jujes engine is quit loud I think u have nothing to worry about at all [/QUOTE]I think its probably because the Juke is a lot less refined regards sound proofing. I have had a 1.5 as a courtesy car & my sister has a 1.6 petrol which I've driven, both are considerably noisier engine wise & all together "rattlier" than both my 1.5 QQs.As for Chris Evans he is a self centered, self important talentless tw4t, why pay any attention to his his views.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
montimar

Post by montimar »

I have just read the Chris Evans write up and I honestly believe he never road tested the car. What he wrote is a complete load of tosh and should be ignored by any prospective QQ buyer. The guy is a complete idiot and both him and his write up should be binned.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Most of the reports read very much the same and certainly all the older ones talk about a noisy 1.6 albeit concede that at the time of writing it was still being worked on by Nissan engineers.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Does anyone ever realisticly believe what the car reviewers actualy say?Ive never ever timed myself in a 0-60 dash and never driven that way in decadesId take people who own the car and use in daily use.How easily does chocolate bars come off rear seats / feet marks off back of seats / ho many shopping bags fit in boot and most important when mobile phone slips down side of seat how easy is it to retrieve?Way to make a name as a car reviewer is grow nice breasts or ridicule a car in such a way to cause shockIve heard the 1.6 it isnt that bad ad those owning the car here realy rate itBefore the car was launched it made car of year blah blah blah and loads of reviwers all wrote pieces before car was on road and trust me I read them all trying to get info most reviews are clearly re written press releasesIf your that unsure of your choice that something written by a multi millionaire alchoholic whos only experiance in cars other than bieng driven everywhere is a garage full of Ferraris that never realy get used in anger then I think your probably right to cancel your carLast thing you want is to park your pride and joy up and get a kid snort ehSeriously man up who cares what other people might say lolThe same people beleive anything less than a V6 is underpowered and oil burners are spawn of satanI know your post was to shock lol no one from Kings Lynn would be affected by a DJ
Donkey2014-04-28 08:54:52
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I don't think the QQ diesels are any noisier than other marques, they all sound rattly no matter who manufactures them. Personally I cannot see why anyone wants a diesel, there is this misconception that they are cheaper to run, but unless you do around 30k per year you and keep many years , you will actually be out of pocket with the initial cost of the engine and the more expensive messy/smelly fuel. The 1.2 is quicker off the mark, revs better and is so quiet you wonder if there is an engine under there. OK it does not develop the same overall torque, but unless you are pulling a trailer you would not notice. When I had company cars they always tried to get me to have diesels, but I refused and every time a colleague got into my petrol models they always commented how much better the car drove in every circumstance.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

The last time i clapped eyes on Chris was when he was a tea boy at Piccadilly radio in Manchester, a long time ago, he as come along way. For the record Chris Evens is not a Disk Jockey he is a Radio presenter, there is a big difference, as a Radio presenter he has a team of people who will run around researching/producing and making the tea. at the BBC they have a bigger team for every aspect of the show and his personal needsafter reading this review i would think one of team who didn't particularly went to look at cars that day went down to a showroom and picked all the negatives up without driving it, passed this on to the script writer who had to bolster the article up, Chris may or may not have seen the article.I am not defending him in anyway, just surmising how it probably went.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

[quote="jonceebee"]
I don't think the QQ diesels are any noisier than other marques, they all sound rattly no matter who manufactures them. Personally I cannot see why anyone wants a diesel, there is this misconception that they are cheaper to run, but unless you do around 30k per year you and keep many years , you will actually be out of pocket with the initial cost of the engine and the more expensive messy/smelly fuel.A The 1.2 is quicker off the mark, revs better and is so quiet you wonder if there is an engine under there. OK it does not develop the same overall torque, but unless you are pulling a trailer you would not notice. When I had company cars they always tried to get me to have diesels, but I refused and every time a colleague got into my petrol models they always commented how much better the car drove in every circumstance.[/QUOTE] here here !
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I still say big breakfast was hes best workI doubt even Chris Evans would think es serious, the mans an entertainer not a car reviewer, im certain anything he wrote would be tongue in cheekHow can any reviewer be published if they not used to the style of car they driving, hes dishwashed the 1.6QQ so what is he comparing it to?