Mileage

The place to discuss everything else..
Salo

Post by Salo »

This may seem like a silly question, I'm collecting my QQ on Monday 21st, I was wondering how many miles will be on the clock? With the car being at the dealership for nearly 3 weeks, I was thinking they may have used it! Am I being sceptical??

mgrolys

Post by mgrolys »

Mine had 4 miles on sat at dealers for 10 days. They don't normally use them other than to put fuel in and check all ok
1.6 dci Tekina 4x4 - loving it :-)
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Yes, there should be very little on the clock. I cant remember what mine had, but it was less than 10 for sure. Any more than that is beyond reasonable delivery mileage in my opinion and I would be raising questions as to why it has more than this.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I had four miles on the clock and for the sales guy this was his first chance to drive a CVT, now an expert no doubt. The point of course is that the mileage is low and relates to a drive to the filling station and back - as it should be.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

My QQ had 4 miles on it (must of been in same batch as those above)I think over 12 miles then the car is viewed diffrently the dealers do try and keep the miles as low as possible simply as they leave the factory with a couple of litres of fuel and dealers dont like topping them up
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Mine had 5.4 and this was the distance to the nearest filling station. If its much more than that I would want to know why
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

In the factory to storage compund etc will be most of the mileage, again when loading onto trailer these are all driven aroundWiered thing is we have assumption as these come off the production line they go straight onto a waiting delivery lorry, clearly they are bieng parked up somewhere ready for shippingId of been happier to see more miles on the car to be honest, the supplying dealer you would of thought would of run it for 10 miles to make sure after all levels are topped up and everything fittes in factory was still tightFeels wiered driving off not nowing if everything is super tight and certainly its not been tested
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

In the good old days of British Leyland nothing would have been super-tight, topped up or anything else for that matter. It seems that the Japanese have been good for the industry and now we have the best of both worlds. We design the things and the Japanese make us build the cars properly, if we don't they'll take their factories elsewhere and the guys at Sunderland know that. So that's why we can be pretty sure that when our car left the production it really was bolted together properly. I've just got to organise myself a trip around the factory it must be awesome to watch - the video is good but for real....
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Salo

Post by Salo »

Thanks for all the advise. If the mileage was around 15/20 should I say something? As you can probably tell I'm brand new at this! Its my first mobility car.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I can confirm mine was 4 miles now. I did some math lolAnd defo yes. Anything more than 10 miles would set alarm bells of for me!