Mileage

The place to discuss everything else..
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Thats ilegal KorkyIts not ilegal to reset or correct your mileage but it must be recorded and shown, especialy if the car is to be soldIts a misrepresentation to sell a car with incorrect mileage, the 2nd car dealers always slap disclaimers on there mileometers

lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

[quote="Chortes"]Mine had 5 miles on the clock .When I was a mechanic the maximum road test distance you could drive was 10 miles.. and this was for fault finding so for a basic test to check brakes, lights etc 4 - 5 miles should be ample.[/QUOTE]Of course this will not be true for those of us who have bought through a Dealer via an online broker and having it delivered. In my case the Dealer is nearly 300 miles away so I expected the mileage to be whatever the Dealer confirms to me after PDI plus the distance from the Dealer to my home.
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
korky

Post by korky »

[quote="Donkey"] Thats ilegal Korky

Its not ilegal to reset or correct your mileage but it must be recorded and shown, especialy if the car is to be sold
Its a misrepresentation to sell a car with incorrect mileage, the 2nd car dealers always slap disclaimers on there mileometers
[/QUOTE]

You see I agree with you but sure I've read this somewhere...I'll do some googling