MG Metro Turbo

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I could not believe my eyes when I saw this article today and just laughed. I bought a Black one of these in the UK which was originally produced in the UK (LH Drive) and then shipped to Holland and then shipped back to the UK to be modified to RH Drive at a Cost Saving. When I transferred to Berlin I drove this vehicle from London to Harwich ferried to Hamburg and then on to Berlin where it caused a few head turns. Anyway it got us around until the rust set in.
Just thought I would post this it is a bit light hearted but nothing to do with QQ's - Sorry Dave :shock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/a ... n-20k.html

img092.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I had an almost new at the time MG Metro with a 4 speed gearbox. It was the bigget rust bucket I have ever seen or owned, it needed 2 new wings and front vanance at 2 years old and sold it a year later when I left the county in 1992 to some poor sucker. No wonder Austin, Leyland or whatever they called themselfs went to the wall.

it may be an old wifes tale, but I hear they used to store the steal sheets outside, so the cars were rusty as they were being manufactured.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I had an almost new at the time MG Metro with a 4 speed gearbox. It was the bigget rust bucket I have ever seen or owned, it needed 2 new wings and front vanance at 2 years old and sold it a year later when I left the county in 1992 to some poor sucker. No wonder Austin, Leyland or whatever they called themselfs went to the wall.

it may be an old wifes tale, but I hear they used to store the steal sheets outside, so the cars were rusty as they were being manufactured.
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Wow! I too had a MG Metro in 1983, not the Turbo version though. It was my first ever brand new car,and was in a colour called Cinebar Red.

Sadly after only 3 months it was rear ended by an Ice Cream van whilst stationary in traffic and shunted into the car in front of me. I was hoping the insurance company would write it off so I could get a new one, but sadly they wouldn't and I had to wait months for it to be repaired. It was never the same when it was returned to me, so I sold it and bought a MG Maestro, and what a pile of crap that was!

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)