wrong fuel

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

"Diesel fuel oil 20 to 60" 15 C SG 820 - 950
"Petrol, Vehicle" 60 F SG 737.22

So Petrol will float on top of Diesel, but also Petrol will dissolve into the diesel.

There is a lot of conjecture over running a diesel with a bit of petrol. Apparently in northern latitudes its common to add a small amount of petrol to a diesel to stop the fuel waxing.

Also, it may depend on how long u intend to keep the car. There may be a little premature wear, but chances are it may not affect the car until it got to very high mileages.

If it was my car I would keep the tank as full as practicable for 1-2k miles and leave it at that.
doQQgood wrote:
Thrall wrote:Having found a way past the anti-syphoning gubbins, will you not also have to find a way to remove only the surface of the fuel, which is where the petrol lies? The professionals disconnect the fuel line at the filter under the bonnet, then switch on the ignition to allow the low pressure fuel pump to slowly drain all the fuel into a suitable container. When the tank is dry, they then add say ten liters of diesel and a shot of two stroke oil, and recommend a trip to the pumps to fill up completely. For a 1.6 dCi, with a full tank of nearly neat petrol, this emptying takes up to half an hour, don't ask me how I know... :(
I think the petrol and the diesel mix completely.