Auto Express 1.2QQ versus Renault versus MGB

The place to discuss everything else..
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Auto Express have as usual created a Bias review. Why would they have 2 cars that use the same engines, chassis etc but give one the lower power option and then claim it has worst economy figures.. total Crap. They should have used another makers car like a decent mag would do. Maybe they want to go see what WhatCar has again put up as the best small SUV http://awards.whatcar.com/smallsuv.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Daewar, your comment fits the bill here in Germany regarding Bias (seems to be the trend) as in general Road Tests whether in Mags or on TV Doc's vehicles from other countries have little chance against the German Manufactured Vehicles. What do you do, read between the lines and make your own judgements on the comments and specs - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Pjonah

Post by Pjonah »

Complete tosh, I drove the 1.5dci Renault Kadjar and thought it was rubbish compared to my QQ, i have no brand loyalty towards Nissan whatsoever, it's a company car. The engine on the Renault seemed down on power and was definitely louder and coarser? Don't know why that should be as it's the same as my QQ. And don't forget the Spectre of Renault electrics "the Angel of Darkness" is always lurking in the background, although I dare say the Kadjar and QQ share the same or similar.

It will be a good few years before I would consider anything from MG, they will need to go a long way to improve their build quality, as I sat in a MG 6 Magnate and it was laughable.

I still think the QQ is better than the Kadjar by a country mile, but that's just me, what do I know,I only drive 40k+ miles a year!
Last edited by Pjonah on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
QQ1.5dCi Tekna Thermonuclear Panoramic intercontinental Ballistic Missile Chrome Mirrors
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

40+ miles a year? I do that in an hour! ;)

Never tried the Kadjar but assumed it would be practically identical to the QQ, although with a duller interior and no 360° cameras. Maybe the one you tried had been thrashed, or perhaps Renault skimped on the soundproofing.

Also, neither the MG or the Renault would look right with Thermonuclear Panoramic Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Chrome Mirrors.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Pjonah

Post by Pjonah »

Exactly they wouldn't look right, my mileage faux pas is now corrected to 40K p/a. The Kadjar was their demo car with all the bells and whistles, so you'd expect that the Dealer would ensure it was in top form, and when I tested it some time ago it had only just launched, so wouldn't have been thrashed.

I just felt that Renault have had quite some time to get this right, what with all their knowledge of handling etc. but they just missed a trick in my opinion, I was expecting some great leap forward and it was anything but. Considering the time they have had to get this product and improve it, I think its a massive fail on their part.
QQ1.5dCi Tekna Thermonuclear Panoramic intercontinental Ballistic Missile Chrome Mirrors
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

That's certainly surprising then. I would have considered the 1.5dCi version with auto box but the Kadjar didn't get to launch until six weeks after I ordered the QQ. Maybe it was a lucky escape!

It will be interesting to see Renault's take on the X-Trail - the resurrected Koleos.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic