Travel Tips

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This Weekend is the Major Holiday Period where all German Schools are on Holiday at the same time and the Autobahns are Full and Still. I have just had a RunIn (did not quite get to punches) with a German neighbour who was packing his old Two Door Renault with Camping Gear for him and his daughter. The Rear was completely Full Top to Bottom, no Nets, no Safety behind the Headrests, he could not move the Seats back, loose stuff on top, car sitting up in the Air like a Dragster and could not use his Rear View Mirror etc. I asked him how the hell do you get at your Spare Wheel, Warning Triangle etc. in an Emergency - no answer !.
Now this Guy is a Truck Driver and these Guys have very strict Laws out here on Safety, so I was a little surprised at his attitude. The Police and Motoring Organisations do carry out spot checks at Autobahn Rest Points giving advice and also making you repack your vehicle or reduce weights. Is this the same now in the UK ?
Also now the weather is "Hotter" people are beginning to leave their windows open which here is an offence, also doors have to be locked, sliding roofs closed etc I suppose it makes sense regarding stolen cars and the Insurance !. There is a fine of €15 for this offence.
Now I am no "Preacher" just some Info', but sometimes things get overlooked when the Holiday Stress comes - but think about yours and the Families Safety - Dave ;) Have a Good Holiday Season :lol:

Loading Your Car Safely - AA :
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/lo ... afely.html

Towing Advice AA :
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/ge ... -know.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Robqai

Post by Robqai »

Wow, not like that here but thanks for the link daughter and grandkids driving to Paris from UK next week so will pass on the lick.
65 plate J11 1.5 dci Pearl black Tekna; Sill guards, Dash Cam 50+MPG (best 68 mpg)
Robqai

Post by Robqai »

Link
65 plate J11 1.5 dci Pearl black Tekna; Sill guards, Dash Cam 50+MPG (best 68 mpg)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This is a German Motoring ADAC Safety Video which just brings home the importance of correct packing. It is in the German Language but just turn the volume down and watch the video that is enough - Dave ;)

https://youtu.be/dE8sLDkwT_Q
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
mike21
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by mike21 »

Hi,

I am enlisting below some travel tips which I have been following for last few years and it has helped me in every situation.
These are:-
a. Always pack a towel. It’s the key to successful galactic hitchhiking and plain common sense. You never know when you will need it, whether it’s at the beach, on a picnic, or just to dry off.
b. Buy a small backpack/suitcase. It will force you to pack light and avoid carrying too much stuff.
c. Pack light. It’s OK to wear the same t-shirt a few days in a row. Take half the clothes you think you will need…you won’t need the rest of it.
d. But take extra socks. You’ll lose a bunch to laundry gremlins so packing extra will come in handy.
e. Take an extra bank card and credit card with you. Disasters happen. It’s always good to have a backup in case you get robbed or lose a card. You don’t want to be stuck somewhere new without access to your funds.
f. Make sure to use no-fee bank cards. Don’t give banks yourKeep that for yourself and spend it on your travels.
g. Travel by yourself at least once. You’ll learn a lot about yourself and how to become independent. It’s a cliché, but it’s true. Traveling solo taught me how to fend for myself, talk to people, and handle unfamiliar situations with ease.

Thanks