Can you help?

The place to discuss everything else..
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

On Saturday evening, I had a visit from the local police who were making enquiries as to whether anyone in our street had noticed anything out of the ordinary last Wednesday.

It transpired that an elderly neighbour (a couple of doors down the street) had been fleeced by conmen last Wednesday to the tune of £5000. The perpetrators had the cheek to make two visits during the day, seemingly not content with the amount that they had obtained on the first visit. Sadly, most of us were out at work during the day on Wednesday, so the police currently have very little to go on. The neighbours concerned are in their 80's, so to say that this act is despicable is an understatement. £5000 is a massive amount of money to any of us, but to those on a pension it is such a vast amount.

If I had any knowledge about roofing, I would be over there doing whatever work is needed (although I suspect that no work is needed, and this is just one big con) - sadly, I know as much about roofing as I do about ballet, so cannot really help in any way there; nor do I have £5000 to try and ease their pain. However, I do have the power of the internet, as well as a load of good neighbours and friends, so I have started a Just Giving page to see if we can't raise even a portion of the stolen £5000 to give back.

I appreciate that none of you know my neighbour, or my street for that matter, however I would be very grateful if you could find it in your heart to consider making a donation, and/or sharing the below link with as many people as you see fit. If everyone that sees the link donated £1, or even 1p, that would all add up to go some way to easing the pain and righting the massive wrong that has been done.

The link is:

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/russell-nicol

Thank you all in advance, and I would also like to say a huge thank you to Rob for allowing this to be posted here.
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;

fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Finding currently stands at £85, so we are underway. Please share the above link if you can :)
1.5dci Acenta Premium

fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Funding now at £155 - we are on the right path!

NO DONATION IS TOO SMALL! Even if you are not in a position to donate, please share the link with others who may be in a position to help :)
1.5dci Acenta Premium

fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Up to £175 now :)
1.5dci Acenta Premium