My new toy

The place to discuss everything else..
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

This WAS mine (besides the bike) - until I sold it since it wasn't being used enough. It paid for the Qashqai!

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

I have had the Renault now 18 days and no sign of the V5C document ? Any one have any idea when these turn up ? For the new cars they seem to turn up quickly as I had mine for the Qashqai before it actually arrived !

Thanks.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

I had to wait about 19 days to get the V5 for the Qashqai I have just bought. It got very annoying as I wanted to get my personal plate on the car pronto but had to wait what seemed an age. What I have found out now, is that the transfer of ownership can now be done on line and the DVLA site states if done on line the new V5 should be received within 4 days, if it is done by post it can take up to 4 weeks! I would of thought my Nissan dealer would have known this, but appears they didn't! Anyway, hopefully your V5 should turn up any day now. I nearly grappled the Postman for his mailbag every day to see if he had my V5.
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Between 4 and 6 weeks usually.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks Renault dealer did it by post so I guess 4 weeks plus then ! Cheers guys
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
switchback

Post by switchback »

DVLA site says up to 40 days. Just sent off the change of ownership for the Grinnall so Ill see how long it takes. Didn't know you could do it on-line.

Tell DVLA you've sold or bought a vehicle
Tell DVLA when you’ve sold or bought a vehicle as a registered keeper or motor trader.

You’ll need:

the 11 digit reference number from the latest registration certificate (V5C)
the permission of the buyer or seller, if you’re acting on their behalf
You can’t use this service if you’ve already sent your V5C by post.

The new owner must tax the vehicle before they drive it on the road or make a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification). The tax isn’t transferred when the vehicle is sold.

Any full months of vehicle tax is refunded automatically to the person named on the current V5C.

This service is available Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6pm.

Start now

Last updated: 8 May 2016
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Yes, I didn't realise it could be done on-line until the balls up by the dealer over my personal number plate. You would have thought car dealers would be up to speed with what can be done on-line, and surely it would save them some postage. When I did eventually get my V5 through, I went on-line transferred my personal plate, contacted my insurance company, all done and dusted in 5 minutes.
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

This toy now gone and replaced with a fiesta ST200. Loved the little Renault but was not used as much as I hoped as had both kids more than I thought so 4 seats needed had to go back to my youth and get a hot hatch - hopefully not to old

IMG_0259.JPG

All the best
Paul
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Paul, nice one and a nice option back to being a "Boy Racer" :lol: . I was reading up on this model recently and the Specs looked very encouraging but were a bit confusing. It is called an ST200 has 178bhp, is nearer to 200bhp but with a 20 sec Overboost it reaches 215bhp is what I have read - is that correct ?. For a 1,6L, 0-60 in 6,7 secs and a price around £23,000 it seems a bargain for a Fun car - enjoy it and hopefully the Kids like hanging on in the back - Nice Color Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks Dave. It's 197 bhp with overboost in 3rd and 4th that gives it 215 bhp for 20 seconds or so. It's rapid. 100 miles on the clock and loving it. However just come back from Cumbria in the qashqai and it did the best part of 1,000 miles without missing a beat fully loaded with the family. Even got good mpg. Fiesta is a blast but not sure I would have driven it to Cumbria !
All the best
Paul