Bundpol Security (Germany)

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I thought I had already Posted some information on this subject but after “Searching” even I could not find it. There has again been several TV / Press Reports on the Stealing of “Keyless Cars”. A German Co. “Bundpol Systems” has now Tested many Manufacturers Cars with Negative Results and they have now Developed a System called Secu-Key which they claim is Fool Proof. I have spoken with the Co. and this System is available for €248 and can be simply installed by cutting one cable, both new and manufacturers keys can be then be used.
I have written up an explanation of how the problem is achieved and the ways to possibly eliminate this problem, but the Secu-Key seems at present the way to go – Dave ;)

There are many write-ups in German but I have shortened an English version – see attached How it Happens :
Many vehicles with Keyless Functions have been tested and checked from many manufacturers. Unfortunately ALL have failed. The vehicles were all opened and started in seconds without the car key being close to the vehicle, most manufacturers are involved and not much is being done. The problem is well known to the manufacturers and some even have an extra cost for these features. With such a device Bundpol can demonstrate, how fast thieves proceed (within 5 secs) and that a vehicle can be stolen (opening, starting, as well as de-activation of the engine immobilizer and the car alarm).

A “Radio Wave Extender” allows the Traceless opening and starting of cars within seconds, which have a keyless go access (keyless opening and starting). The “RWE” can be used not only for the opening of vehicles, but also for starting the engine. At the same time this device deactivates the engine immobilizer and the car alarm. For this purpose it is not necessary that the car key is in contact with the vehicle. Unlike other methods of vehicle opening with the “RWE” system there is no evidence on the vehicle or key. Thus the stolen car owner experiences difficulties in proving the theft to the Police and Insurance Co. Opening and starting of the engine are not detectable and done completely without trace / damage.
The operating principle of the “RWE” is based on the extension of the range of the keyless transponder key between the location of the key and the location of the vehicle, up to a distance of 400 meters.
An Example :
A Person 1 with the “RWE– Scanner” is located close to the key owner (eg.hotel reception desk). A second person stays with the “RWE – transmitter” close to the vehicle (eg. Hotel parking). The system now bridges the distance between the key owner and his vehicle in the garage. Both the keyless control unit as well as the transponder makes the car believe the key is located directly to the car. The “scanner” now transfers the received key code wirelessly to the “transmitter”, which is located at this moment with Person 2 close to the vehicle and transfers this code to the keyless control unit in the vehicle. This allows Person 2 to instantly open and start the vehicle without a car key.
The whole process normally needs no more than a few seconds. It does not matter how many car keys are located near the “scanner”. All keys are recognized simultaneously.

http://www.bundpol.com/tech-close/secukey.htm

http://www.bundpol.com/tech-open/qkey-english.htm

German Language :

http://www.stern.de/tv/keyless-go--schl ... 58032.html

http://www.bundpol.de/schliesstechnik/secukey.htm

How you can protect yourself against these theft methods :

1. Aluminum foil :
The best and most effective method is aluminum foil wrapped 3 times!. Thus, the radio signal cannot be accessed. The foil prevents that the key contacts the radio wave extender. Not very practical, because you have to pack or unpack the key each time, if you want to use the car.
We tried this method and it worked with our QQ

2. Metal boxes :
Just place the key in a small Metal Box and the metal shields the radio waves of the key completely. But take note: many metal boxes tested had little success.
The Boxes we tried did Not work, possibly a thicker or special metal surface treatment might help.

3.(Car) Key cases with built-in shielding foil :
These cases are designed to shield the key signal to 100% but all tested Failed.

4.Disabling the keyless function :
The safest method. Simply switch off the keyless function completely. If this is impossible for you with your car – or simp ly go to your dealer.

5. Fuse :
The safest method in most vehicles as the keyless function is connected with a separate fuse. Here simply remove the fuse.

6. Deactivation of the keyless antennas inside the doors :
With many vehicles it’s impossible to deactivate the keyless function or your dealer refuses to do so. Should this be the case, simply pull the connector of the keyless antennas (within the door frame) from the control unit. For this the door trim has to be removed. Therefore you have changed nothing which would reduce any guarantees or warranties and the original condition can be reproduced at any time within few minutes.

The Way to Go appears to be SecuKey which can be built into all vehicles, which don’t operate with a comfort entry or radio key from factory, as well as into existing equipment, which was already installed from the factory. Due to its special security technique SecuKey cannot be hacked, cracked, disturbed or cheated, as it is with all factory-supplied vehicles. With SecuKey there’s no more way for thieves to open, disrupt or start your car by using illegal devices.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

248 euros! I think I'll stick with a piece of aluminium foil from the kitchen....itl cost less than a penny! I'll give it a try later.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

We tried the two methods Tin Box and Alu-Foil and definitely for us the Foil worked. Obviously a "Cost Saving" just need a Big Roll of Foil and the wrap and unwrap Procedure - Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here we go : Before & After and it worked - Dave :D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Dave,

Great info but believe this car jack technique is not new but euro248 solution is.

If disengaging radio antenna works for our qasqhai say with an on-off switch is possible for our qashqai works, that would be the best.

Cheers.

Richard
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Richard, absolutely correct this has been known for some time. What this Co. did was to dig in and duplicate or develope a system to get into cars electronically (lots of Press & TV Reports here). They then developed the Secu-Key to prevent this. The Co. Is apparently not a Manufacturer but a Research & Developement Co. - Regards Dave ;)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just seen this on German TV which might be of interest, there appears to be more and more simple devices appearing to get into cars, but what is the industry doing about this problem !. Nissan is also mentioned - Dave ;)

http://www.wired.com/2016/08/oh-good-ne ... olkswagen/
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

ummm i know this isn't for everyone, but i don't leave anything in my car and i have insurance.

if it gets stolen, then so be it, but its hardly a ferrari. :)
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Craig, absolutely correct the QQ is no Ferrari but liked by many and good money spent. We also have the Full Insurance, No Odds & Sods laying in the QQ but if somebody wants it or a "Part to Order" then goodbye QQ. We live pretty damn close to the Biggest Spares Market in Europe Poland so you have to be careful. I would not particularly want a box of bits returned to me to be rebuilt into a QQ. Then there is the inconvenience of having No Car for some time and all the Legal Formalities, Police, Ins etc - Just my thoughts Dave :lol:
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

you have a good point Dave, things may have changed here but i thought common cars to be stolen were mainly german cars that had a bit of power. a quick google confirms. I don't know about Germany but it seems here theres 2 types of targets, the old easy target joyride and the steal to order, the latter are all BMW/AUDI/Mercedez from everything i can see.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/crime/nissan

Also everything is dependant on where you live, while having extra security, i just don't think its required on these cars.
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector