Dashcam recommendations

The place to discuss everything else..
crewmeal

Post by crewmeal »

I've hard wired a Nextbase 301 dashcam to the left of the black membrane and it works well as I can't really see the mini screen. The mirror assembly blocks the view which is probably better as it would be a distraction whilst driving. The rubber sucker and clip is sufficient to keep it secure on the screen.
Unsure which Red - 2015 1.6dci - N-Tec + usual extras including panoramic sun roof.

john breeds

Post by john breeds »

Thanks for this info Crewmeal. Does your camdash sucker stick onto the windscreen’s clear window part or the black pimply membrane?
My dashcam model NextBase 302G has GBS. It’s virtually impossible to arrange it to stick on the clear glass and behind the mirror.

One other thing… (which I’ll post separately) I’ve tucked the cable down the nearside pillar and into the USB/cigarette lighter. BUT get this – it hinders the FM radio search function.
According to local NISSAN garage it must be caused by an induction loop because the aerial cable also runs down the nearside pillar. Anyone else have this effect?
crewmeal

Post by crewmeal »

the dashcam sucker sticks to the clear part of the windscreen to the left of the black membrane. Try cleaning the glass first, position the sucker and press down the lever and its will secure itself. Yes it's has a GPS and wifi so you can download straight to a phone or iPad as required.

Mine was hardwired by Halfords (£30) into the fuse box behind the glovebox. I guess the wire runs down the left hand pillar, but I've had no issues.
Unsure which Red - 2015 1.6dci - N-Tec + usual extras including panoramic sun roof.
john breeds

Post by john breeds »

Many thanks crewmeal. You've given me enough confidence to let Halfords loose on my 1.6dci N-Tec :)