Motability

The place to discuss everything else..
Skirge

Post by Skirge »

Sooo motability saying we were due to renew March 30th before new AP went up Benfield had two days to add the order to the system but waited and that meant it was ordered under the new AP.I am a tad miffed to say the least, we sat there January 23rd in Benfield placed the order yes he said the AP may change and he said "I will fight your corner if the AP does go up" when all he had to do was actually place the order in that two day period at the end of March and non of this would be happening, I would be annoyed at the delay in getting the car but would understand due to demand.

phaedra

Post by phaedra »

That certainly isn't right, Benfield should have placed the order on Jan 23rd when you told them to, what ever the AP did at the next quarter would have no effect on you.You are not liable to pay anything more than the original AP. I cannot understand why Benfield would wait over 2 months to place the order, it doesn't make any sense at all. Sounds more like they forgot to order it and by the time they remembered the next quarters prices were in effect.Stand your ground, tell them you ordered it Jan 23rd so will only pay the lower AP, if they get snotty phone the Journal or Evening Chronicle and let them know, they love a good story!.On the other hand, have you looked at the Citroen C4 Picasso?, wishing I'd gone for that instead of the QQ, too many niggly little problems and the urban economy is fairly pants, 40mpg average, my previous Honda CRV was bigger, heavier with a 5yr old 2.2L engine and I still got 35-37mpg doing exactly the same driving I do now.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Skirge

Post by Skirge »

Cheers.. Make it even worse our order is not on the motability system they have no record at all of us placing an order, I get Benfield not adding the order in January as we were not due to actually add a new order until march 30th but our order with them was ready to go from Jan 23rd, so they had two days to place the order at the £1250 AP.Waiting for a call back from head of sales, they do not sort it today and get me my car as soon as possible then it will be cancelled today, I will have to extend the QQ we have anyway and start looking for another option.
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

I'd look for another dealer, I used SG Petch in Durham who were OK with the ordering but not great on the handover, made several mistakes regarding the operation of the car.I was looking at a Skoda Yeti but the dealer, which was Benfield! was absolutely useless!, couldn't be bothered to find out if they would collect/return it when it was due for servicing, didn't seem interested in selling one at all.Realistically there's very little chance of the AP dropping in July and with delivery times being quoted as long Jan next year I think you'd be better off looking for something else.
phaedra2014-06-17 16:46:27
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Skirge

Post by Skirge »

Still waiting to hear from Benfield, had a head salesman ring me yesterday but the lad dealing with our order was off but also spoke to Nissan directly and I have to say so far they have been superb and were outraged at what we were going through. Although they do not have any exact say on what benfield do he said they can be very persuasive and he was just waiting to speak to someone in charge at Benfield.
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

My experience has been quite positive - we ordered a 1.5dci Acenta from a dealer on 25 March (end of current lease 28 June), and were given a printed order form showing Advance Payment of £299 as it was then. I was contacted by the dealer mid April to say that they were giving up the Nissan franchise at the end of April, so they could no longer proceed with the order, and did I want to swap to a Kid Sportage instead! We'd test driven a Sportage originally and much preferred the QQ, so there was no alternative but to go to another Nissan dealer and start over. Imagine my annoyance when I found that the Advance Payment had increased to £799 on 1 April...

Anyway we gave the original order form to the new dealer, Arnold Clark in Stirling, who spoke with Motability who agreed to honour the £299 AP - and our new QQ is due to arrive on 17 July, only 3 weeks later than we could have changed cars anyway, so fingers crossed it doesn't get delayed - but the dealer and Motability have been very helpful really!
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Skirge

Post by Skirge »

Update... Not getting the QQ now Benfield are an utter disgrace they told Nissan that they did not want to tie me down to an order due the long wait, surely that should have been our choice on if we were willing to wait or not.Motability also noted that the dealer telling me to wait until July 1st to see the new AP's and they would just extend my current car until them was utter rubbish. My last date for new car to be on motability system is June 29th and a dealer can only extend the current car period if they are adding an order. So how were Benfield going to do that ? we would have been left with no car. I guess Benfield would have offered us a loaner as long as we placed the QQ order at new AP.MY ADVICE IS DO NOT USE BENFIELD MOTORS!So we have ordered a Peugeot 3008 Allure ordered Monday get it next Monday :D
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Good result :)As I said Benfield Skoda were worse than useless. The Peugeot 3008 is a nice car, too small for us giant size people!.
Skirge

Post by Skirge »

Cheers get it Monday can't wait although could cry as I saw my first BMW X1 X-Line yesterday oh my what a sexy car lolNext around I think I will take a much closer look at the BMW but one thing for sure no matter what car I get Benfield will not be the dealer I use.
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

But £1799 Advance Payment puts it beyond the reach of many!
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack