Motability

The place to discuss everything else..
Chortes

Post by Chortes »

Looking at the forum one of the most "popular" issues is delivery delays and it appears to be the Motability customers that are suffering the most. I can't understand how these orders differ from any other when it comes down to brass tracks. The delay sounds like its from Nissan's end, but could it be Motability causing the problems? I don't know is the short answer because I don't have the experience to comment.However, I do know that Motability are trying to cut back and I don't think they have their game together. I work in the events industry and have worked with their head office people.I personally know of two completely unbelievable stories that involve Mobility that a) prove they're cutting back and b) show that they don't see people as people, just computer names and numbers.I have a close connection with a parent who has a 10 year old Downs Syndrome son; Because of this she was allowed to have a mobility car (he suffers with bad chests, has a heart problem and many other problems associated with being Downs). Two years ago the car was taken away from her and she challenged the decision, Motability sent her a letter explaining that here son no longer qualified for a Motability car because he had been cured!I have a neighbour who claims disability and has a Motability car (we know this because he tells us he has to park it directly in front of his house as a stipulation of the contract?). He never drives this car, he has a black Mercedes, the Motability car is driven by his 22 year old son..... ALL OF THE TIME!
Really?

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I looked into this, Motability bless them may be as usefull as a chocolate fireguard in this instance but not to blameThe dealer sits with you and orders the car via the exact same framework all dealers use they then get a delivery date based on the build of the carThe dealer then behind scenes contact Motability for an order number etc normaly takes at most 24 hours weekdaysOnce the dealer then enters the payment refrence ie cash sale pcp etc then the delivery dates seem to go backwardsA good dealer would not at the moment give you a delivery date now or add a month to what he can seeTheres a 1-3 day delay when car is delivered whilst Motability work out a hand over date to ensure they get paid for the carThe are two main theroys ive heardCash is king, the car is a winner and bringing customers to Nissan for first time, to manipulate a new customer at expence of a fleet buyer makes scence.There is a horrible line of thought that all car dealers use Motabilty and fleets to expand the brand - If you need to push sales numbers up you slash advance deposit get the cars on the road and make it look like a winning ccar everyone wants.Now sell too many cars to a fleet and you risk the tarnished name of a rep mobile slap too many of us wombles in them and you got a disabled carImagine your Nissan selling something and your customer says great car but its a disabled car ......
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

A little gossip here guysMotability set AP every 4 maonths and the new quarter strats end of this month.Ive heard Motability not happy with way things presently running so next quarter expect a rise in AP maybe even a temporary removal of the QQ Any luck it will give those in power a small kick up rear and well see the lead times maybe cut Anyone who has ordered dont worry although the right to cancel and go elsewhere is considered a fair choice so Nissan got 10 days to pull a rabbit out the hat
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

That is very interesting Donkey.
I must admit that every time Ive ordered a Motability car (and this is my 7th) the AP on the car Ive ordered has reduced at the following review and not by just a few quid. My last Qashqai, ordered in May 2009 cost us £799 but this reduced to £399 at the June review. When I ordered my Astra in April 2012 we paid £1149 which reduced to £299 at the June review. So we were seriously out of pocket on both occasions.
As Ive been allowed to cut short my last Motability contract after 18 months due to deterioration in my condition, I ordered a 2014 Qashqai in Jan 14 and the AP is £1499. For curiosity's sake I have been interested to see what the AP is for the quarter ending March 14, fully expecting it to reduce again. I must confess that it will soften the blow of having to wait forever for my new car if the AP does increase considerably.

I cant imagine that Nissan will be forced to remove the Qashqai off the Motability list for the 1st April to 30th June quarter but if they do then perhaps those Motability customers who are waiting until June/July will have their delivery dates brought forward.
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

With demand on the high side Gill Motability and Nissan may have a re think and take it off for a few months as you say so as to catch up on the orders they have taken so far, mine is still arriving on the 19th June,Stan the man as told me to ring up in a few weeks and he will see if he can gee it up, Nissan customer care told me June is the worst case scenario so fingers crossed , it would be very nice to get it for my Birthday in May.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Im told raising the AP isnt done as a protest but to discourage us from ordering allowing a catch upI left Motability over the rates change as it goes and bought a car, one of my reasons to return was to support a good group that probably will not exist as we know it soon if goverment gets its wayBut and this isnt confirmed I ordered in February and was told March which jumped to July for TeknaI changed to accenta premium and the dates then jumped from March to JuneNot going to get excited but after moaning just yesterday im told the car I ordered is built now and dealer hoping to receive it in April A friend also had a murmur hes car is coming forward and I notice on here some Motability cars are earlier (shame as some dealers clearly have the car in stock sitting for a 3 week lead time) but we will know everything within 2 weeks
Skirge

Post by Skirge »

Hi new here.. I ordered the 2014 in January on motability .. well let me start at the beginning.I have a 2011 qashqai 1.5ci Tekna on motability and love it, as we were due to order a new motability car this April we started looking around at what was out there, looked at the Volvo V40 but to have the sort of spec the Tekna qashqai has the AP would have mounted up with us adding the extras butt hen after reading a few reviews decided against it.Imagine my joy when I seen the advert for the new stunning 2014 qashqai, popped into my local Benfield Nissan who I have the current qashqai from to have take a look at the new model, this was in January the Thursday before the weekend launch.Had a look knew from the offer demand would be crazy high, the AP at that tome was £1250 same as the one we have now.After speaking with my motability dealer he offered to add our order tot he system there and then even though we were not due to order until April, he did point out that if the AP did increase he would fight our corner with motability.Pow yes AP went up to £1999, no way could we afford the extra £750, saving the £1250 is a stretch.I spoke to motability they said if we have order paperwork with a AP price on then that is what we will pay even though the AP has risen and we should still pay what it was at order.Yeah okay, dealer is not going to take a £750 hit and well I don't expect motability to take the hit either they are a charity after all.Turns out anyway the car will not be ready for the end of june more like end of July, I stated I cannot afford the extra money and would just have to cancel the order, dealer suggested extending the car we have now and waiting until mid July to see if the AP drops back down.I agreed but after reading on here I am truly stuck on what to do next, cannot see the AP dropping but maybe as suggested above the QQ could be removed from motability altogether.Stuck in no mans land here and absolutely gutted that it looks as though I will not be getting my new QQ.
oswmobo

Post by oswmobo »

We ordered our new QQ in March prior to the Q2 AP increase and both our dealer and motability confirmed we would not have to pay the increased amount. If you had an order in the system before the prices went up you should be in the same position.
1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium Ink Blue.
Skirge

Post by Skirge »

[quote="oswmobo"]We ordered our new QQ in March prior to the Q2 AP increase and both our dealer and motability confirmed we would not have to pay the increased amount. If you had an order in the system before the prices went up you should be in the same position.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm so am I being lied to? although when were you actually eligible to order your new car?As I said above we were not really due to renew until April but our order went on in January as we knew demand would be high.
Emma

Post by Emma »

Hi there, I also ordered beginning of march on mobility scheme and was told that my price would stay the same and would not increase .