Nissan Murano Hybrid for China

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here are some comments taken from Green Car Congress :
Nissan have announced that the all-new Murano, including the hybrid version is officially available for sale from its joint venture in China, Dongfeng Nissan Passenger vehicle company. As a key market in Nissan’s global business, China is the first market to introduce the hybrid version of Murano.
The new Murano hybrid is equipped with the new supercharged QR25DER gasoline engine and an electric motor with a compact lithium-ion battery. With the Nissan Intelligent Dual Clutch System and Xtronic transmission, it delivers driving performance equivalent to the V6-3.5L gasoline engine, as well as superior fuel economy similar to the 2.0L gasoline engine. Furthermore, the hybrid version of Murano offers enhanced driving experience in both city and rural contexts thanks to the ALL MODE 4x4-i drive system. The all-new Murano has a drag coefficient of 0.31—one of the lowest in class.
Priced range from approximately US$38,208 to 60,768, the Murano strengthens Nissan’s SUV lineup for the Chinese market and responds to the demand for SUVs from Chinese consumers. Murano also is an important product in “Young Nissan” strategy to reach a significant and growing part of the market in China. Murano offers advanced safety technologies, including Moving Objective Detection (MOD) and Around View Monitor (AVM) for real-time monitoring of road conditions. A range of driving aid features is also offered to further enhance driving safety, such as Forward Emergency Braking (FEB), Emergency Assist for Pedal Misapplication (EAPM), Driver Alert System (DAS), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Blind Spot Warning BSW and Cross Traffic Alert (CTA).
Looks interesting and the overall Body Design is not bad either - Dave ;)

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/18/niss ... -in-china/

Nissan_SHMS05.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

When the Nissan Murano Hybrid was announced it was planned for the Chinese Market, now it Looks like Nissan have had a change of heart. Nissan is now to introduce this year a limited number of these Hybrids into the US, in total only 600 which could make them a rarity and possibly a collectors item. Previously Hybrids were not a great success for Nissan - Dave ;)

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/07/13/niss ... o-hybrids/

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I love the looks, but not the 34mpg (UK) fuel economy. Mind you I probably wouldn't care much if fuel was at US prices!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hound, when you see this new model in the flesh in the US it really is a cracking looking SUV, but as you mentioned the price of fuel there is a joke compared to Europe. The owner of our Dealership has the older model with extras and that also does not look too bad - Dave :lol:

image.jpg

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Yes, I have always liked the look of the Murano, especially the newest one with the "floating roof". By the way Dave, I meant to say thanks for all the extra info on other models and technology that you add for us to take a peek at. It may not always be QQ-related but I think it's always interesting to see what's out there.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hound Thanks ! I just try to keep People informed when I find Interesting articles. Most stuff is Nissan related sometimes not depending on the Information available - Dave :D