Road Tax Ahead

The place to discuss everything else..
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Its no surprise really, however at least they are not retrospectively applying it. One of the reasons why I bought the 1.2 supercharged micra was because of its £0 tax bill, I would be pissed if they then said "actually Sir, you owe us £100 each year". Although its a bit of a kicker loosing the "low" emissions bracket, as above it attracted me to the Micra. But you around a year and a half to bag yourself a cheap tax/no tax car before they increase the price. Essentially, I don't think the government expected such a swing to low emission cars when they introduced the bands, so the money from this tax is drying up.
Tony30uk

Post by Tony30uk »

We're still living in thatchers Britain, robbing Tory scumbags .
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, thanks for those facts. If you look there is a "Pop Up" in the top with regard to "British Expat in Germany" I need to dig in here or I will have to possibly stop spending my pensions on the QQ - Interesting Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

They wouldn't get away with that Downunder, The bastards screw us enough already with the petrol tax.Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
omegadeep

Post by omegadeep »

Perhaps not lol But if you have a private pension then you don't get a state pension in Oz, you get both here. What used to annoy me in WA was the bloody stick-on tax discs which would weld themselves to the windscreen in the sun and were almost impossible to get off. You even needed one for a boat trailer for goodness sake. At least the ones in the UK were paper, until they did away with the need to display them last year.
A car is just a set of four wheels and four seats to enable one to travel from a to b. all other perceptions are individual illusions of the thought process.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

No doubt London's Congestion Charge will be changing in sympathy
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Pumpkin_Heed

Post by Pumpkin_Heed »

Shame about the car tax situation, but on the plus (and overly optimistic) side according to the BBC's budget calculator I should be £160 a year better off with the new changes so still quids in! ......apparently. See the link below;http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17442946
2015 Qashqai N-Tec+ 1.5dci Ink Blue

Post by 298 »

From what I've read and re-read, it only applies to new car sales.

It was inevitable they were going to do something, the popularity of the new tax bands wasn't raising enough revenue and the CO2 emmissions aren't an indication of the pollution that modern diesels still emit.

I'd also question the quote that the average today is £166, there us no way that that is true for new cars sold because of the number of older cars on the road that pay more and are bumping it up at the moment....but won't be on the road in a few years time....
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

The poor old motorist always cops it in the neck. Hear in Australia they are going to raise the price of petrol, [If it isn't high enough as it is"]] to raise more money. I bet it doesn't go where it should. [Roads"]] And so it goes on and on . Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum