Cleaning the Windscreen / Replacing Wiper Blades

The place to discuss everything else..

Re: Cleaning the Windscreen / Replacing Wiper Blades

Postby Bpirie1000 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:18 am

I have treated my screen with rain-X and I hardly need to use the wipers.(and it rains a lot in Scotland)....

Also did the glass roof..-the kids think it is hilarious watching the rain "weeeeeeeeeeeee" down the back of the car....

Anyone else tried this.. May save on wiper use...
Bpirie1000

Postby DaveBerlin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:44 am

Bpirie1000, this Treatment I believe has been used by many members with positive results. See below as stated under the same Post as your comment - Dave ;)

"Hi Peter, this Bosch Option is a very worthwhile addition just go for it Mate !. The Rainex Treatment is still working well for us and I think I will give the QQ a once over again before the Winter sets in here - Have a Good One Dave" :)
2014 1.2l DIG-T QQ Tekna QAB Pearl White (M)-delivered on 08.14./Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front & Rear in Pearlescent White/Auto-Fold Mirrors Chromed/Shark Fin Antenna/Bonnet Struts/Innen LED's/White Chrome Side Mouldings
DaveBerlin

Postby DaveBerlin » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:22 pm

I have just ordered and received a Set of Bosch Aerotwin Wipers AR652S which are the longer version 650mm + 450mm (26" + 18") not the same as the Std. Nissan Wipers and included were 2x GELAN Wiper Rubbers Spares for free. It was time to replace the existing Bosch Wipers after 18 months. When I started to read the Bosch Instructions supplied they did not correspond with what I had so I generated a Doc Sheet for this conversion work. The installation was pretty easy to do and I now have a Spare Set of Bosch Wipers for the next change, it also saved throwing the complete old Blades away and I saved a few bucks in the process. I also installed a new Rear Bosch Wiper H301 (300mm) and treated the windows to another Dose of Rain-X.
I thought I would post this in case it is of some help to members if going this way when replacing the Rubbers - Dave :)

PS : the 2 inner arrows on the 5th pic should be pointing in the other direction (outwards) something happened on the data conversion from the original :oops:
IMG_3190.JPG
2014 1.2l DIG-T QQ Tekna QAB Pearl White (M)-delivered on 08.14./Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front & Rear in Pearlescent White/Auto-Fold Mirrors Chromed/Shark Fin Antenna/Bonnet Struts/Innen LED's/White Chrome Side Mouldings
DaveBerlin

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Chat