QQ Restricted View

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Naturally I have Test Driven QQ's but not yet being an owner and having the day to day experience and never really having these problems I thought perhaps some comments could be shared from Real Owners & not from Magazine Test Drivers. I suppose the question is, is there really a problem True or False ? - comments welcome Thanks DaveI have just read a Car Magazine article on a Test of 9 different types of vehicles one of these being a QQ and it finished in 7th Position in front of a BMW X4. The Test was to judge how much could be seen when driving the vehicles eg. Blind Spots, Restrictions, Allround View etc. Now the QQ did not come out too well but to me the pics looked like a QQ Tekna was used, but there was no mention or comment on the 360* Cameras being used which I found a bit amazing. The Test was with a driver 1,86m (6,1ft) sitting in a comfortable Driving Position (results in Bold) : 1. Front View - how far must a 52cm (1,76ft) high Traffic Pylon (eg. Kid) be placed in front of the car before being seen > 2,51m (8,23ft)2. Rear View - same setup as above > 7,33m (24,05ft)3. Unseen front edge of the Car - how many cms of the car can the driver not see > 0,31m (1,01ft)4. Traffic Light a€“ at what distance can a 5,50m (18,04ft) High Traffic Light Signal be completely seen > 18,66m (61,22ft)5. All round view - negative comments were made about the Front Flat Screen and the width of the Rear C-Pillars.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

BournemouthQQ

Post by BournemouthQQ »

I find articles criticising the Qashqai weird as I think the view out of the car is excellent. Whether some of these journalists normally drive around in the pope mobile I'm not sure. Not being a fan boy just because I have the car, bit I dont have a single problem with it, even ignoring the 360 cam system.
Black 1.2 Dig-T
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Have to agree here, no issues with all round visability. I'm 6'1", had my QQ for 4 months. In my mind the view is pretty good but then I came from an S-Max & that had heavily tinted (factory fit) windows & in the dark it was very difficult to see anything when parallel parking, also had massive A-Pillars and very easy to lose a motorbike behind them in the blind spot (I'm also a motorcyclist so well aware of their prescence)
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
ShinyAndy

Post by ShinyAndy »

I have no idea where the corners of the car are but it doesn't really matter with the cameras
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Having had the car a few months now there's not a problem, but I do remember my first drive away from the garage when I was very conscious that the vision was restricted. Mostly down to to those pillars I guess but it's one hell of a blind spot. You soon learn to accommodate it, both with the cameras and perhaps more so to taking note what's going on a round you whilst driving. In that sense fair comment, I've had many cars, and vans, in my time and the QQ doesn't win any prizes for all round visibility but if that and the horn are the only 'faults' who cares both are easily corrected.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.