DPF Article

The place to discuss everything else..
BournemouthQQ

Post by BournemouthQQ »

DPFs were a crazy introduction. They are fine in an industrial environement but the current designs on consumer cars, especially early models, were simply not fit for purpose. I always used to buy diesels but once the DPF came along and caused me all sorts of headaches I had to move to petrol. My last car cost me the earth in fuel but I didn't have any of the normal engine problems id had with my last diesel. The new 1.2T gives me almost the best of both worlds.My wife does around 2000 miles a year and never leaves our town. Any salesmen who tried to sell her a diesel should be sacked on the spot. As mentioned above, the old "blast it on a dual carriageway for 20 mins a week" was used a lot to me...as if buying a diesel to save fuel was not the main reason for having one.
Black 1.2 Dig-T

Deanotabsy

Post by Deanotabsy »

Can't speak about the 1.5 engine, but the 1.6 engine has very good technology to clear the dpf quickly. The engine and exhaust heat up quickly and the exhaust has an injector fitted to burn off the dfp contents by burning small amounts of fuel in there to heat the exhaust up quicker. I assume as they are both diesel Renault engines they will prob have the same technology. Honest john website speaks very highly of the 1.6 diesel on the qashqai with regards to dpf problems (or lack of). Hope this helps.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car ... oblem.html
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answe ... recommend-
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

My local dealer (not supplier) had mentioned they do some routine service on DPF when car is serviced; didn't specify what though.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
englishman

Post by englishman »